• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some general rear 3-4-5 link questions

kubtastic

NAXJA Forum User
What are the major technical problems to creating a radius-arm-style suspension in the rear, a la TnT? Is there something obvious that I'm missing? I don't think the introduction of a trackbar is too terrible.

I've seen several single and double triangulated 4 links and some triangulated 3 links posted on this site, and plenty of front radius arm talk too.

I reason that if a radius design can substitute a 5-link front (stock XJ), than why could it not also be placed in the rear? I'm just brainstorming about suspension and see that radius arms designs (and similar like TnT's) might not require such complicated mounting to the unibody

Your anti-squat would be through the roof. It's pretty tough to keep it reasonable with radius arm rear designs.

-Jon

Can someone explain antisquat and how it affects the suspension? I searched, found a lot of references to it, but no definition.

just convert to coils in the rear someone here had that and it was nuts.

yeah from what i have seen you want your antisuat areound or a little under 100

just putting on coils aint gonna do a thing, a well thought out suspension design will yeild better results.

Back