• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

right side 1'' lower than left

xjfool

NAXJA Forum User
I put a rancho 3" lift on my 93 xj over the weekend, I still have the factory shocks on the front and I removed the rear shocks completely. I took it out to a local spot and did some minor flexing, prior to the flexing I didn't really notice any sagging on the right, but after I got back to the house I got the tape out and sure enough the right side is right at 1" shorter. (got the springs and rear leafs @ a local pick and pull), any red flags?

xjfool said:
I put a rancho 3" lift on my 93 xj over the weekend, I still have the factory shocks on the front and I removed the rear shocks completely. I took it out to a local spot and did some minor flexing, prior to the flexing I didn't really notice any sagging on the right, but after I got back to the house I got the tape out and sure enough the right side is right at 1" shorter. (got the springs and rear leafs @ a local pick and pull), any red flags?

what springs exactly did you use?

double check all parts to see if anything has slipped or broken or shifted out of place.

on my stock XJ the right side is a little more than 1" lower than the drivers side, even though I rarely have any weight on the pass side. I've been told this has something to do with rear wheel drive and the torque being concentrated on that side- although that may be BS.

please give more details on your lift, and someone else can chime in with better answers.

hey thanks for the reply. I pulled the springs from an xj at the local pick and pull, the steering stabilizer and the leaf springs said rancho and the springs are red, so that is what leads me to believe that it is a rancho, as to the size I had another xj that had a 3" budget lift and this one is a little bigger. I just bought this xj and don't know a whole lot about it other than it has some rust underneath (east coast vehicles), but not really any up arround where the springs sit. do you think it could have something to do with the factory shocks (it's mostly the front that sags)? the front R shock and the distance from the ground to the top of the fender are both right arround 1" shorter and the R rear is maybe 1/8 shorter than the L rear. when I was flexing, I stuffed the R front tire.

Tell your big girlfriend she's gonna have to ride in the back on the driver's side for about a week

Swap front coils from side to side, flex it and look again.
It is o.k. to use 1\2 or 3\4 spacers to level it out.
Read Gojeep's website about lifting and how the front
coil pads are at different heights.

LOL big girlfriend!!! I put a 1.5" coil booster on it, and it didn't change at all, so I'm thinking that It's binding up somewhere. Tomorrow, I'll check the bolts on the shackles, and swap the springs. thanks for the ideas, keep em commin.

Young

xjfool said:
LOL big girlfriend!!! I put a 1.5" coil booster on it, and it didn't change at all, so I'm thinking that It's binding up somewhere. Tomorrow, I'll check the bolts on the shackles, and swap the springs. thanks for the ideas, keep em commin.

Young
Loosen up the bolts in the back, jump up and down on the rear bumper, and then torque to spec.

my right rear sags about an 1" and that is with aftermarket springs. You can notice it if you look closely. I think I am jus going to add longer shackles.

Back