• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear XJ dana 44 axles brands

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking to get a set of D44 spares for my XJ D44
Ive have read that TJ D44 axles are a bit shorter but will work

but this guy in my club won a set of D44 Superior Rubi axles and he will sell um cheap
so basically will Rubi D44 axles work in a XJ D44
I know Ihave to change the retaining plates

There is no difference. Yes the Rubi rear D44's will bolt right in. cept for the plate.
VegasAnthony said:
Im looking to get a set of D44 spares for my XJ D44
Ive have read that TJ D44 axles are a bit shorter but will work

but this guy in my club won a set of D44 Superior Rubi axles and he will sell um cheap
so basically will Rubi D44 axles work in a XJ D44
I know Ihave to change the retaining plates

I've located a drivers side spare Rubi axle. Will this axle work as a spare for my XJ D44 on either side? I vaguely remember reading that one will work for both sides but the opposite side is a tad longer and it will only work on the long side.
Also, this Rubi had ABS so all I need to do is remove the tone ring and swap the retaining plate and I'm good to go, right?
Thanks.

All D44 rear axles are NOT the same length. On the stock D44, even the right and left axles are slightly different. Some people have reported problems because they swapped the R/L and it caused the retainer holding the bearing to move and caused leaks.

Back