• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help!immediately!RE quick disconnect adapter

jeepinxj99

NAXJA Forum User
RE 1171 is the part number, i cant figure out by the instructions what to do, do they want me to take out the exsisting bolt, it seems to be welded in.!

jeepinxj99 said:
RE 1171 is the part number, i cant figure out by the instructions what to do, do they want me to take out the exsisting bolt, it seems to be welded in.!

The one at the axle end? Sometimes it's in there good. I've had to drill it out once or twice when installed RE/JKS disco's.

It's pressed in there good. Most guys can whack it with a hammer for a while and it comes out. I had to grind off both ends and drill out the hole until the remaining chunk would come out. It was the most entertaining part of the entire lift.

Have fun

its a splined stud that's pressed in. I tried hitting mine with a hammer, just bent the bracket, you may have better luck. I tried a gear puller, but the one i had was a piece, so i took it to the shop where i got my tires and they took it out for me. Try a gear puller or a pitman arm puller. Either way, you'll be fine driving with it disconnected till you get it done. I have 3.5" and 31", and i have mine disconnected. Its a little behind in the turns, but it feels like butter, real smooth without the swaybar. Good luck.

soak it in PB or liquid wrench throw a good c clap and a socket on it. get it on nice and tight then wack it a few times with a BFH. for the passenger side you might wanna take off the stabalizer. just hitting it with the hammer will bend the mount it self

forgot to add this in my last post. after hitting it with the hammer tighten c-clap and hit some more.

Back