• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line extention

What about lines that are longer than the YJ lines?

I know I can pull mine out if I really flex it even with extended lines, which is one of the reasons why I run limiting straps in the front but what about when I add more lift and lengthen the straps?

AARON

i have a 91 limited, with a 4.5" rough country and i didnt do anything to the brake lines and i flexed it out until my 31 mud terrains were bending my wheel wells and nothin bad happened except my sway bar broke.

Beachmonkey6 said:
so should i replace the front and rear brake lines? And is it bad to just use extentions?
it's not "bad" but it's a Band-aid-fix. you spent enough $ $ already so dont take shortcuts now.

Shomsky462 said:
i have a 91 limited, with a 4.5" rough country and i didnt do anything to the brake lines and i flexed it out until my 31 mud terrains were bending my wheel wells and nothin bad happened except my sway bar broke.

yeah, but what happens when you try to HANG the wheel? ? i bet that line is stretched like a rubber band!

MrShoeBoy said:

Many aftermarket steel braided lines (Skyjacker, etc.)

MrShoeBoy said:
I know I can pull mine out if I really flex it even with extended lines, which is one of the reasons why I run limiting straps in the front but what about when I add more lift and lengthen the straps?

AARON

Lengthen you lines and run only one limiting strap in the middle. You can have the articulation without the unloading.

"Getting" a 3-4" lift? Most of them have longer lines by about that height anyway unless you're piecing together a frankenlift...

MrShoeBoy said:

AARON

I am running some mid 90's GM 1/2 ton IFS front brake lines.

see this thread

this thread huh

I'm at about 4" of lift and I just unbolted the front hard lines in the wheelwell and straightened them out and drilled new holes. YJ lines in the rear.

Back