• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Remanufacturers

jpfreak

NAXJA Member #1208
I'm trying to find some engine remanufacturers down in Southern California for a project me and my friends are working on. If there's anyone you have used or that you can recommend, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Russell

My brother and his partner rebuilt and stroked my 4.0 XJ. If you would like I can put you intouch with them. They run a small automotive machine shop in the San Bernardino area. . . and between them, they have well over forty years of experience with building engines and what not.

I would say rick at valley engine and machine in fountain valley, ca or clint at carco in anahiem, ca... both have been building performance engines for over thirty years each.... I used to work for clint, and lean more torward his machine work...

Scott.

Autozone, no really. I think it was 1100 + tax and that is a complete remanufactured Long block with a "birth certificate" that tells you the results of a 10min break-in loging of oil pres, compression, and HP/TQ. best part really though I thought was the 12mon with the optional 3yr nationwide warranty.

Just a thought.

PS I priced a few local machine shop motors. Stock was about 1300 average and with no more then a 3mo warranty typ. one was a 12mo but like 1500$ and they all have to have a "Useable" condition core. and they charge you for any unusable core parts like a bad crank, rods or such. so if you have a bad rod that takes out the crank(liek in my case) then its another like 100-300$ more even.

Just something to think about.

Thanks for your help, guys. If we end up rebuilding the engine we'll probably do it ourselves, but I wanted to price out other options. Thanks again.

well if your tring to be penny wise then buying a reman is most of the time less then buying all the parts and then paying for all the machine work, if you do it all the way like a fully reman long block. Not to mention you get a warranty and its tested before you get it. just something to keep in mind.

jpfreak said:
I'm trying to find some engine remanufacturers down in Southern California for a project me and my friends are working on. If there's anyone you have used or that you can recommend, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Russell

Mike at FMP (Now part of the napa empire, but the machine shop more or less runs on its own out back). 714 871 2341
Tell him Jack Tuttle sent you, and he'll treat you well.

Back