• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical problem

bigwhitey

NAXJA Forum User
So much as in other threads I've read My wipers, AC, Defroster, Clock, cig lighter, and turn signals have stopped working.
All fuses are good.
If I pull the key back just a bit from the on position it will all work.
I've com to the conclusion that the problem is in the steering colum. However I do not now hoe to get in there.
How do I get the plastic surrounds off and replace this part.

there are 3 torx screws on the bottom plastic cover. one in the middle is visable, and there are two more on the outter bottom edge. they are all T-20's if i remember corectly. also remove the lever to tilt the wheel, it just un screws. then pull it apart.

bigwhitey said:
So much as in other threads I've read My wipers, AC, Defroster, Clock, cig lighter, and turn signals have stopped working.
All fuses are good.
If I pull the key back just a bit from the on position it will all work.
I've com to the conclusion that the problem is in the steering colum. However I do not now hoe to get in there.
How do I get the plastic surrounds off and replace this part.
Could be your ignition switch, it's under the dash bolted to the outside of your steering column by your left knee.

langer1 said:
Could be your ignition switch, it's under the dash bolted to the outside of your steering column by your left knee.

Left or right side? The thing on the left looks like the highbeam switch. and I couldn't make out much of a relay on the right.

bigwhitey said:
Left or right side? The thing on the left looks like the highbeam switch. and I couldn't make out much of a relay on the right.
More on the top above the dimmer, 4 big red wires and 2 smaller yellow ones.

Back