• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab today 10-3-05 Ron's T-case

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
Well today we fixed Ron's t-case with another used one from Tom Woods. We pulled his old one, took it apart, found lots of melted plastic parts (from a previous run in JV). He had the rear yoke come off and it cracked the rear housing leaking fluid out which caused it to overheat melting plastic bushings/pads. We used his shaft and tail cone and the rest from the other t-case, good to go now. Here's a link and some photos.

http://www.gotgroceries.net/MoabDay2Mon10305/index.html

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

Mike R

Last edited:
MJR said:
Well today we fixed Ron's t-case with another used one from Tom Woods.

So does that mean we got up early on Sunday for nothing? :rattle:

Geepfreak said:
So does that mean we got up early on Sunday for nothing? :rattle:

I'm thinking not.

Of course, you may disagree when (if) you get here. :D

--ron

0313 said:
Well, I guess we pulled that T-case for nothing. Lame Asses.

Maybe, maybe not. I hope it works out for you when you get here and we can address this in person.

Personally, I got alot of satisfaction from getting people here, laying on my back in the rain welding broke stuff, and generally trying to make good on what's been done for me.

If you ain't there, or it's all you, come on down and pick up your sexy paint job... tool.

--ron

Talk about bringing back memories. Those melted plastic pads are exactly the problem I had on my way home from Moab a few years ago. What a PITA that was! Stuck in Nebraska on a Sat nigth at 11PM. Luckily an ex-con happened by and helped me get it back on the road!

B

Captain Ron said:
Maybe, maybe not. I hope it works out for you when you get here and we can address this in person.

Personally, I got alot of satisfaction from getting people here, laying on my back in the rain welding broke stuff, and generally trying to make good on what's been done for me.

If you ain't there, or it's all you, come on down and pick up your sexy paint job... tool.

--ron

I guess we shall see.

Back