• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Petition to save Eastern Iowa ORV park

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
Well unlike you traitors I am currently an Iowan. Even though my Jeep probably wouldn't make it to Coralville I still signed. I actually don't blame you guys for moving, not the most exciting place to live.
Later

thanks for signing the petition. i am a member of the Trailhogs in Iowa and the support is appreciated. turns out the DNR is just on the brink of takin over the park from the Corp of Engineers(thats what they told me on the phone). the corp swears they can't afford to maintain the place, hell they don't put any money into it now. what the really mean is that they are goin to make money off the DNR by leasing the land! seems the state boys have the budget to not only take it over, but to expand it and do all kinds of supposed repairs, etc. they say that insurance will not allow full size rigs to coincide with atv's, and motorcycles. they also made some unbelievable claims of money they intend to make. DNR told me even if they charged full size rigs $500.00 per vehicle(compared to $15.00 per quad) they said it would not be worth it. they say there is not enough jeeps to even compete with money raised compared to quads and bikes. according to them there are people in other states and even Canada that are waiting to come down but are currently scared of the full size vehicles!! not sure i believe that, but there it is. comes down to insurance/lawyers and money. imagine that, people with government jobs screwing some of us over and makin money on others, hmmmm, i'm shocked.

scott w said:
according to them there are people in other states and even Canada that are waiting to come down

BS

I am 3 hours away, and I have a quad. I would not drive that 3 hours to wheel quad or jeep in that. The block house toliets, the huge rock parking lot, the beat up guardrails, the dust (it was dry when i drove past), the lack of decent defined trails. Maybe I am missing something.....but Ill pass.

Rev

Back