• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

call me dumb but i dont know...

Cupcake

NAXJA Member #1377
well almost 6 years ago my dad bought a lift for my '91 XJ well since i have gotten it i have wanted to raise it more he says there is a 3 inch lift in it but doesnt seem like it to me... what i am asking u guys if you could identify some aftermarket suspension parts i have on it cuz i want to save as much money as i can here are some pics (btw i bought the pro comp shocks and the lift was bought from 4 wheel parts but they have no record of it since it was so long ago)

jeep021.jpg

jeep020.jpg

jeep019.jpg

jeep018.jpg

jeep017.jpg

please any help is needed and if need more pics please let me know i will take more

thats a complete procomp lift no RE parts on there at all. you can tell by the red urathane bushings for the control arms and you most likely have a very stiff ride because of the high spring rate they run on their coils unloaded your coil is about 19 " if it is a procomp. Also can see the cra##y trac bar drop on the axle side.

would i be better off just buying a complete kit from RE or piecing on together if i wanted the 3.5 superflex full leaf packs

langer1 said:
I don't think you would be gainning much either way

Poppycock. I'd swap it out for an RE 3.5" and some OME or Bilstein shocks. Will be a NIGHT and DAY difference between the two lifts. ProCrap components are bottom of the barrel and are stiff as hell.

step up to the RE4.5 or 5.5" while your doing the work then sell the procomp stuff some some rich kit that thinks his xj is a desert racer and wont know the difference. might want to check out central 4wd for some good prices

i'd be careful goin over 3.5 your talkin a new drive shaft potentially i have a np242 TC and the RE 3.5 super flex kit and the rear drive shaft is so short it is nearly bottoming out (~2-3") and that is the driveshaft knuckles bottoming out. That is kind close for my comfort. Love the kit can't be happier so i definitely reccommend it.

Back