• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running 3in and want to go to 5

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 3in kit and am wanting more. I have debated about taking the 3in off and then buying a 4.5. But couldn't I just put 2in coil spacer and 2 in shackle to get to 5? If so what other parts does the 4.5 come with that I will really need. And if so where can I get them or do I have to have the local welder make me the parts?

I'v never been one to say search but this is a pretty basic question, If you used the search tab you'd learn alot, I know I did when I started off learning...but to get you on your feet...

going from 3" to 5" aint simple....yes you can add the spacers and shackles for the extra 2" but then your looking at these extra Items...

longer brake lines, lower control arms, longer track bar, SYE and DS, shims, sway bar discos...and thats about all I can think of now but Im sure theres more...this aint to scare you off but you better do your research first and be prepared to spend another 1000 bucks for the 2" of lift....

what kit are you starting from? if it's the re 3", then you most likely have lower control arms. you hopefully replaced the rear leaves and are not running any sort of blocks. what year is your rig? you will definately need a SYE and new rear driveshaft. you will certainly need an adjustable track bar to re-center your front axle. as previously stated, you will need longer brake lines and bumpstops. It's not as simple as you may think, but its not impossible. if you are good with tools and know your way around the salvage yard a little, i would recommend building your own "bastard pack" rear leaves if you are running blocks or add a leaf's in the rear right now. i just did it for mine and it is a sweet ride. gives about 4" lift. do a search on "bastard leaves"...you're basically just adding s-10 2wd springs to your main cherokee leaf and re-arching it. anyway, you are definately looking at $4-800 of modification to do this lift no matter how you look at it. i i'm going from 2" to 4" and have only spent about $100 so far, but still need control arms to make it right. i would guess i will have about $600 into the lift by the time it's done.

Back