• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chapter stuff/questions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
1. When are we going to have nominations/elections for the new term? Officers were named May 5, 2003 for this current term.
2. Aren't we due for a general planning meeting? We skipped the spring one and we were supposed to hold on in the late summer IIRC.
3. Tshirts.... how about we get some printed? maybe hold a competition for a desing for a tshirt? We have made some money from sticker sales, so lets put it to good use and get tshirts made (I suggest holding a design competition and then placing a "prepaid" order so we don't have wasted extras).
4. Annual event. Shouldn't we start planning something for 2006?

Kejtar said:
1. When are we going to have nominations/elections for the new term? Officers were named May 5, 2003 for this current term.
2. Aren't we due for a general planning meeting? We skipped the spring one and we were supposed to hold on in the late summer IIRC.
3. Tshirts.... how about we get some printed? maybe hold a competition for a desing for a tshirt? We have made some money from sticker sales, so lets put it to good use and get tshirts made (I suggest holding a design competition and then placing a "prepaid" order so we don't have wasted extras).
4. Annual event. Shouldn't we start planning something for 2006?

As a man who used to run a club or two, it sounds to me like Remi should be running for office. :)

gcurtis said:
As a man who used to run a club or two, it sounds to me like Remi should be running for office. :)
Well at this moment I'm just curious as to what's next. We seem to have went into hibernation as a chapter (might be heat wave related). In any case, I want a chapter tshirt and I need to start planning my next years vacation.

I am the FNG but I would love to know myself about the annual event stuff to make some future plans.

As an interim position holder, I've been guilty of waiting for things to happen as opposed to initiating any action. There certainly are a few issues that need to be addressed here pretty soon.

--ron

I agree with everybody (wow that sounds strange) I think Remi is a very capable club member and demonstrates a true commitment to this chapter. I am not nominating him for this very reason (unless he wants me too). He is the example we should all strive to cultivate if we want this club to continue to be successful. Too often I see Remi doing all the work for the club, for us to reap the benefits. He enjoys this and I thank him wholeheartedly for it. BUT, we need to delegate more and get more involved in our own club. I for one am a prime example of what NOT to do with one exception. When asked and available I show up to help wherever possible. Other than that I seem to take leaves of absences with really no good reasons. Shame on me. All I am saying is we need to volunteer ourselves more. I think we need to have a chapter wide meeting and soon.

ryurabbit said:
I agree with everybody (wow that sounds strange) I think Remi is a very capable club member and demonstrates a true commitment to this chapter. I am not nominating him for this very reason (unless he wants me too). He is the example we should all strive to cultivate if we want this club to continue to be successful. Too often I see Remi doing all the work for the club, for us to reap the benefits. He enjoys this and I thank him wholeheartedly for it. BUT, we need to delegate more and get more involved in our own club. I for one am a prime example of what NOT to do with one exception. When asked and available I show up to help wherever possible. Other than that I seem to take leaves of absences with really no good reasons. Shame on me. All I am saying is we need to volunteer ourselves more. I think we need to have a chapter wide meeting and soon.

I'm also the newb here and not much of a joiner these days (i.e. I've done my time at club helms). But, speaking from a little bit of experience, what you described is the normal interworkings of all clubs. There are usually a small group of people (representative of the number of members by a small percentage) that carry all of the load.

That is why I was a smart arse and picked on Remi. I saw, all too often, people with energy and ideas popping their heads in and not doing anything but offering suggestions. Those that have to carry the load are all too often overloaded in and out of the club, and need those like Remi to step up and carry out those great ideas.

However, since I'm the newb I'll butt out. :)

No one can argue with the consistent enthusiasm Remi has.

My .02

Thanks for the confidence guys. It was not my intention for this thread to go in this direction, but it seems that there are certain issues that this chapter needs to address. As I have outlined up top it looks like there are 4 main issues with the meeting and new elections being the most important ones.
So here is my request (suggestion) to the current BOD: any chance we can get a schedule of sorts addressing those two items? The election is long overdue (someone reminded me today that the original term was supposed to be a year, and now we're over two years). Also a meeting is long overdue. It would be good if the meeting was scheduled to occur before the elections but after nominations to give people a chance to introduce themselves to others.

cracker said:
No one can argue with ...Remi.

My .02

Remi's easy to argue with, especially if you are a rabbit.

EDIT: Or a compass.

:kissyou:
TIM

I think the current BOD consists of Geoff and myself at this point... and I'm an interim replacement Sec-Tres. I would be happy to get a few of the immediate issues addressed, but like I said, I'm operating under the assumption that I'm the low man on the totem pole right now.

I'll call Geoff this morning.

--ron

I say the meeting should be held somewhere between Ventura and the Channel Islands, on Ron's sail boat.

On a serious note, we should make it clear what positions are to be filled, and what the role of each position shoud be. After everyone has a handle on the job descriptions, it may be more apparent who would be best at filling them.

I say we nominate Remi as Cheerleader/Pep squad.

Dan

Dan Turner said:
I say the meeting should be held somewhere between Ventura and the Channel Islands, on Ron's sail boat.

On a serious note, we should make it clear what positions are to be filled, and what the role of each position shoud be. After everyone has a handle on the job descriptions, it may be more apparent who would be best at filling them.
I believe that the three position that the chapter has are:
1. President (role: presidential functions)
2. Vice President (role: take over should the president be assasinated or impeached)
3. Secretary/Treasurere (role: make copies, make coffee, hold money)
I say we nominate Remi as Cheerleader/Pep squad.

Dan
Why me? I thought that you wanted that position

Kejtar said:
I believe that the three position that the chapter has are:
1. President (role: presidential functions)
2. Vice President (role: take over should the president be assasinated or impeached)

Why me? I thought that you wanted that position

Some one needs to take that pic away from you Remi.

Dan Turner said:

Dan

Actually, the Marina has great facilities, including a meeting hall, kitchen, pool, spa, jacuzzi, etc. The down side is you might not be in any condition to drive home afterwards...

I wouldn't suggest doing it on the boat. There's no such thing as democracy on a boat, and dissenters usually swim home. :D

Kejtar said:

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. At least I should get an A+ for job performance to date. :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Actually, the Marina has great facilities, including a meeting hall, kitchen, pool, spa, jacuzzi, etc. The down side is you might not be in any condition to drive home afterwards...

I wouldn't suggest doing it on the boat. There's no such thing as democracy on a boat, and dissenters usually swim home. :D
arrrr walk the plank :D

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. At least I should get an A+ for job performance to date. :D

--ron
What's the total of $ we have at this point?

w00p naxja jacuzzi party! now we are talking *gag*

The SoCal Chapter Treasury has $960.00, not inculding interest. I have not looked at the statement this month, so I don't know how many pennies the bank gave us. :D

--ron

Back