• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u joints 297 to 760

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
I think I remeber that when you do this swap you have to grind some of the ear off to get the c clip to go in..is this correct??
any links to write ups would be great or pics

thanx

Not that I know of....I just put some new 760's in the front axle of my 1998 and they fit just fine....

Mine just fit right in.

The 760 joint superscedes the 297 so it should be dimensionally identical in all locations which contact the yoke or c-clips.

VegasAnthony said:
I think I remeber that when you do this swap you have to grind some of the ear off to get the c clip to go in..is this correct??
any links to write ups would be great or pics

thanx

that's only if switching to full circle clips instead of c clips, the u-joints themselves are a direct swap

anyone know where i can buy full circle clips?

i hesitate to weld to my shafts...

Weasel said:
do the full circle c clips fit on the yukon aftermarket shafts-non chromo?

i know they fit on the high strenth shafts, and i know that other shafts can be ground to accept the clips...

i have some 760's in my room here, and some stub shafts on the way, when they get here i will mess around with them some...

BrettM said:
what he said

X2. Don't be afraid to weld to your shafts. They are only tack welds, Don't get them too hot. If you bust the u-joint the ears will be pretty much be junk anyways. just my 2 cents

Back