• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Gas Tank Skid

yeah it works with factory tanks. and its pretty easy to install just bolt in and go. i'll get pictures as soon as I get my camera back.

Anyone have pics of one installed I need to see if it will interfere with my Valley industries receiver hitch.

Last edited:
Well I got one anyway found out it wouldn't fit with my valley industries receiver. I had to modify the gas tank skid slightly to make it work. I just cut 2 slits down the ends so the skid will fit over the receiver hitch I dont think it compromised the structure of the skid to much, it is 3/8 inch steel.
cutskid.jpg

It keeps the departure angle pretty good
hitchskid.jpg

skid.jpg

NSW Sparky said:

I hate how he puts his name on his stuff.

I will never buy anything from Rustys again after my 2 bad experiences. I had a credit there after I had to return a Bilstein 5150 because when I got it it was blown so I bought a front diff guard. It has his name lazer cut into it. I covered that with tape.

yea it also sucks that he has no e-mail address any more. I tried calling him a couple times to ask him for the hardware that is suposed to go with it that was missing. I just got busy signals so I sent him a fax still no reply so I just thought screw it.

fdsa487 said:
I hate how he puts his name on his stuff.

I will never buy anything from Rustys again after my 2 bad experiences. I had a credit there after I had to return a Bilstein 5150 because when I got it it was blown so I bought a front diff guard. It has his name lazer cut into it. I covered that with tape.

he sent me a f***ed adjustable track bar and i tryed to send it back and he said it was broken and i couldnt get store credit for it. i said no shit thats why i sent it back.

little red cheroke said:
he sent me a f***ed adjustable track bar and i tryed to send it back and he said it was broken and i couldnt get store credit for it. i said no shit thats why i sent it back.

What an A-hole man. I frekin hate that guy. Im reluctant to have been able to get my store credit when I sent him back that blown shock. Dont shop there anymore. Ever.

Last edited:
Back