• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Air 2 + air tank + air tools?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Yeah I know that belt driven compressor will be a lot better way to go, but for the time being that's all I can put in. I have a compressor which seems to be a hair stronger than quick air 2 and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go through the hassle of putting in an air tank to run an impact (for situations like removing a stuck shaft nut). Down the road I could use the tank with OBA so the effort would not be wasted.

What's the CFM rating and duty cycle on the compressor?

Lawn Cher' said:
What's the CFM rating and duty cycle on the compressor?
72 lpm which is I think 2.54 cfm, max pressure is 120 and cycle is 40 min @ 40 psi (not sure about higher pressures.. still looking for more info on that)

I run a QA-2, even w/ a tank I would say not a chance. The out put is similar to those coin opperated compressors at gas stations. But if you put say a 120 gallon tank on it you could run an inpact wrench for a few minutes, next year when the tank is pull though.

:laugh3:

TIM

Loosen that nut while in your driveway, then it won't be an issue on the trail. Forget about carrying air tools......a waste of space and weight as far as I'm concerned. No trail repair is that much easier or quicker with air tools. Plus, if you've never had that hub nut off, I've seen them not come off with air tools and break a 3/4" breaker bar. So, if you still have stock hubs, loosen that nut at home, and put some anti-seize on it if you can. If they've been off before, they're never a problem on the trail.

DANG! No lie on the hub nut!

No WAY an impact wrench was gonna get that off from a 3gal tank and even OBA!

When I went to install the RAWBROWN Killer Alloy Axle Deal, I had a Craftsman 1/2 inch breaker bar, with a length of pipe adding about 24inches to the handle. I'm there in the driveway bouncing up and down it (by that I mean STANDING on it bouncing up and down) and my GF walks out and asks "Whatcha doin'?"

"Go back inside!" Then it breaks loose... Good test of reaction times.

bburge

Back