• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble replacing my AW4

PFunk242

NAXJA Member #1161
I am in the process of replacing my Aw4 right now with a new unit. But for some reason the trany is stuck to my motor still. All bolts have been removed that bolt the trany to the block (atleast that i can see and i have checked from many angles) all bolts have been removed between the flex plate and the TC. But some where things are getting hung up still. Anyone have any ideas of something that might still be conected and giving me trouble? Also the transfer case shift linkage has been removed also.

Thanks for any help.

Did you pull the starter?

(and by the way, "hello" from a former Johnstowner...now down in VA :wave: )
Jeff

There are two bolts that go through the tin inspection cover between the engine and trans. I always forget them at first and wonder why the trans won't come off. :rattle:

yes the starter is off i forgot to list that. I have all of the bolts off of the inspection cover also. I did fine one bolt that was hiding in the grime. But the two still dont quite want to sepparate from each other. I think that it now is probaly a problem of trying to do it by my self hopefully when my brother comes home the two of us can get it w/o to much trouble.

Thanks guys.

P.s. if any of you know anything to help out when reinstalling the trany please let me know.

Back