• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 inch lift....

wesbailey

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i have a 4.5 inch lift kit.. its coils and AAL and blocks..

my rear springs are looking bad.. Folding wise. im getting a leaf package in about a month or so..but my question is.
can i throw new shackles and coil spacers without my SYE and brake lines ?
i just dont know. i dont want to get real into it and have it sitting higher and then findout i need new brake lines hah well its a 1994 country edition if that helps anyone. but i would really like some input from some people who have done 6 inch's without brakelines.. which i dont know if i can do..

Thanks Guys.

you will need longer brake lines and an SYE

dont think you will be lucky and not need either

i couldnt even get my axle in with the stock brakeline at 6" much less have any droop....

i switched to YJ lines and remounted the hard lines...

also your e-brake cables will be too short

SYE is necessary - budget $525 for an AA unit and a new TW shaft...
just do it - i will not help you fix your blown up u-joint on the trail because your t-case output yoke couldnt handle the angle and you blew it up - i will throw my spare u-joint at you and create a bypas around you...

welcome to NAXJA

yeah ive got the SYE just not the driveshaft yet hah
but i thought id have to relocate the brake lines.. i know how to do the front just i have no idea about the rear ? could anyone explain this ? im doing the lift in about 6 hours so i kinda need to know hah

XJ_ranger said:
you will need longer brake lines and an SYE

dont think you will be lucky and not need either

i couldnt even get my axle in with the stock brakeline at 6" much less have any droop....

i switched to YJ lines and remounted the hard lines...

also your e-brake cables will be too short

SYE is necessary - budget $525 for an AA unit and a new TW shaft...
just do it - i will not help you fix your blown up u-joint on the trail because your t-case output yoke couldnt handle the angle and you blew it up - i will throw my spare u-joint at you and create a bypas around you...

welcome to NAXJA
or an SYE for $170 shipped and use a front shaft...

Back