• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crd swap...

gregclimbs

NAXJA Forum User
aside from needing to find a totaled kj crd,

does the kj us the aw4 tranny/is the output shaft from the engine the same as the 4.0 i6?

sure the computer would have to be swapped, but anything else I don't know about?

the specs look promising:

2.8L 4 Cylinder Turbo Diesel engine that produces 160 horsepower at 3,800 rpm and a stout 295 pounds-feet of torque at 1,800 rpm

or an additional 75 ft#s of torque (@1800 rpm!!!) at the cost of 20hp

4.0L I6
Horsepower (net) 180@4750
Torque (net) 220@4000

thoughts?

g

more info on the 45 tranny? I am swapping out the np231 for a d300 anyway, so this might make a ~little~ more sense for me...

again, if I could find one totaled.

thanks,

g

In theory, it sounds like a cool swap, one that i would probebly try if some one gave me a crashed Crd... IF.. GAVE
But then you have all the detials to work out, it will take time, and then have you really gained all that much? for less than 2 grand you can put a supercharger on that I-6 and get an extra 100 horsies or so, and loads more torque....
sorry i don't have any specs or info to add, except my two cents.
if ya wannta go desiel it might just be easier to drop one of these puppies in there ...
http://www.cummins.com/na/pages/en/products/rv/isb.cfm
yes it weights almost as much as the xj itself... but when you get done you would have the power to twist the XJ half... hmmmmm what about mercedes 5cy turbo... they are around 180hp... :speepin: <-- dreamer

Back