• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys rear springs flex?

87xjeep

NAXJA Forum User
how long will it take for the rear springs to break in and get more droop. because i have rustys 6.5 leaf springs and they are prety stiff and dont flex very well right now i was wondering if they just needed to break in then they will flex better or what also if that is the case how long does it usually take thanks

mine bent into a 's' shape before they would flex.

87xjeep said:
how long will it take for the rear springs to break in and get more droop. because i have rustys 6.5 leaf springs and they are prety stiff and dont flex very well right now i was wondering if they just needed to break in then they will flex better or what also if that is the case how long does it usually take thanks

Holy run on sentence, Batman!

it doesnt work lol, i had 800lbs of boggers in the back going up to RI 300 mile round trip, they didnt even sag w/ the weight in the back, just keep wheelin em

87xjeep said:
what if i was to drive around with out shocks would that help break in the springs or cause problems

Sounds dangerous. You might bounce pretty bad at higher speeds with no shocks to stop it.

thats actually exactly what i did for about 2 weeks. i didnt hit the highway with them. if you had to do a high speed manouver youd be fawked. especially if you run no swaybars like i do. it did seem to help break them in though.

Remove shocks.

Stand on tippie toes on rear bumper.

Jump. Land.

Repeat 20 sets at 50 reps per set.

***Bonus: Chicks dig big calves!

Back