• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

well... it's ugly, but it's a start (roof rack)

BrettM said:
why not weld it to the pinch seam? pinch seams are really strong and very critical to the unibody strength, it would help tie it all together.

pinch seam? :confuse: you mean that lip on which the gutter resides?
For one I'd probably blow right through it (with the rod), and I do want it to be removeable (rarely, but still).

yeah, the gutter thing. i guess you're not using a good MIG then? removeable is for pansies :laugh3:

I think i'm gonna be chopping the roof out of mine and I'm going to leave that seam and weld tube to it to tie the unibody into the tube structure.

BrettM said:
I guess you're not using a good MIG then?
MIG? :D
Stick is my poison :D

I think i'm gonna be chopping the roof out of mine and I'm going to leave that seam and weld tube to it to tie the unibody into the tube structure.
That sounds like a good idea. Would you brace it across as well? (one seam to another?) Would you keep the doors?

Kejtar said:
MIG? :D
Stick is my poison :D

That sounds like a good idea. Would you brace it across as well? (one seam to another?) Would you keep the doors?
i've got an Accord now (35mpg!) so the MJ is probably going to keep gettin chopped, and probably never get the doors back on. I'll also brace with a V connecting from the A pillar corners to the B pillar center. It will basically be an exo, but I have some ideas for keeping it kinda subtle looking

Back