• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock rail design and pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacob14

NAXJA Forum User
well, i'm about to build a set of rock rails for myself and a friend. i've seen the supernerfs and a few others and was thinking of incorporating a frame rail sleeve/stiffener as part of my design. Do you think this should all be welded to the frame or should i bolt it on. will that offer the strength i want for the frame stiffening. any ideas and pics would be greatly appreciated

search function would work well here...

you guys have some sweet xj's. are they both running 30 inch tires. thats awesome. how bout you guys go do some work to your xj's and then let me know when you actually have something to be cocky about. but until then keep gettin groceries and shut your mouths. ***** like you are why people that get on these forums become disinterested in the sport of fourwheeling, you give people who fourwheel a bad name. who wants to ask advice from ******* with stock xj's anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
if only you knew you asshat

snacob14 said:
you guys have some sweet xj's. are they both running 30 inch tires. thats awesome. how bout you guys go do some work to your xj's and then let me know when you actually have something to be cocky about. but until then keep gettin groceries and shut your mouths. ***** like you are why people that get on these forums become disinterested in the sport of fourwheeling, you give people who fourwheel a bad name. who wants to ask advice from ******* with stock xj's anyway.

Why would you become disinterested with four wheeling? Become disinterested with the internet!

Obviously, you're new at this. You should know that the :laugh3: smilie implies a friendly joke. If you can't take a joke, then you really should learn how to search.

Billy

106_0675.JPG

Ramsey said:
if only you knew you asshat

For the record, I totally agree.

Congrats! snacob14!

asshataward.bmp

Nobody's trying to get you disinterested in anything, but half of the threads started on the site have been beat to death. So try a couple more search words, because there are many many more than the one on detours.

snacob14 said:

whats wrong with 30 inch tires

snacob14 said:

I'm sure your going to get real far with that responce. 11 posts and your flaming everyone. Guess you searched info on their XJ's about like you did on the forum.

Last edited:
snacob14 said:
well, i'm about to build a set of rock rails for myself and a friend. i've seen the supernerfs and a few others and was thinking of incorporating a frame rail sleeve/stiffener as part of my design. Do you think this should all be welded to the frame or should i bolt it on. will that offer the strength i want for the frame stiffening. any ideas and pics would be greatly appreciated

yeah A$$hat :) the frame stiffener would be a good idea *IF* you plan to plate the entire thing otherwise you will probly weaken the thing by only doin a portion of it, BC all the related stresses that would normally flex out through normal unibody twist would be forced to exit @ either end of your "sleeve" causing more rapid deterioration

my best advice for ya is to plate the bolt-on areas and also bolt into the pinch seam and call it DONE..

hasta :wave: :kissyou: :lecture: :chef: :asshat: ;)

snacob14 said:
I have 35s, are those big enough for me to call you an asshat?

hackedxj said:
I think with a little momentum I can do it on 33s
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back