• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve Covers...93 VC on 97 Block?? Do They Fit?

NHxj4x4

NAXJA Member #1132
Valve Covers...93 VC on 97 Block?? Oil Pan Too....Do They Fit?

Well , I'm out in the garage working on my new stroker, it's a 97 block, and all of my parts are 93. Thought I would start out easy and put the VC on, and low and behold, it doesn't fit. We're the 97 VC's different? Will I need a new VC?

Let add some insult to injury maybe, how bout the rest of my crap: Oil Pan, Timing Chain Cover, Thermostat Housing, Blah Blah.

EDIT: OIL PAN IS ALSO A NO GO, won't clear the girdle, so same question as above.

Thanks!

Todd

Last edited:
Re: Valve Covers...93 VC on 97 Block?? Oil Pan Too....Do They Fit?

NHxj4x4 said:
Well , I'm out in the garage working on my new stroker, it's a 97 block, and all of my parts are 93. Thought I would start out easy and put the VC on, and low and behold, it doesn't fit. We're the 97 VC's different? Will I need a new VC?

Let add some insult to injury maybe, how bout the rest of my crap: Oil Pan, Timing Chain Cover, Thermostat Housing, Blah Blah.

EDIT: OIL PAN IS ALSO A NO GO, won't clear the girdle, so same question as above.

Thanks!

Todd

What's the '97 block out of?

I had the same problem when I tried to put a junkyard motor from a 4.0 Wrangler into my cherokee, all the pans looked right but nothing fit.

Just A thought.

I believe it is out of a 97 Cherokee, model # is 53010341, date is 09.05.97. All of my parts are from the 93. I think I could pound the oil pan a bit to get the clearance I need cause of the girdle (93 didn't have one) but I know the VC will not fit no matter what. It was almost over 1/2 off the block in the front. It did sit flush in the rear.

Glad I spent a full Saturday cleaning, polishing, and painting these items :rattle:

As far as I know all the valve covers - from 87 to 99 will fit all 3 heads. I have a 99 cover (black metal) on my 93 head now anfd have used the aluminum early cover also. You probably had the cover hung up on a rocker - it should fit.

rsalemi said:
As far as I know all the valve covers - from 87 to 99 will fit all 3 heads. I have a 99 cover (black metal) on my 93 head now anfd have used the aluminum early cover also. You probably had the cover hung up on a rocker - it should fit.

Definatly not, I spun the crank fully, and applyied light pressure to the VC to see if it might drop into place, it won't do it. So I guess I need a 97+ VC

Back