• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HAS ANYONE gotten any vibes or other problems from...

fdsa487 said:
Dropping their Transfer Case? :us:

How much are we talking here? 5", 6"? More? The lower the better is the general rule......

CRASH

fdsa487 said:
Dont be an a$$ 1" drop
No major offense intended, but he was pointing out that you didn't give much information about your plans before asking a question that would rely on the answerer knowing that information. Also, not a good idea to toss disrespect at a VIP like Crash for teasing you on a question that a 3 second search could have answered for you...

Edit: to answer your question, most people drop their t-case to get rid of vibes in their drivetrain, and its a temporary fix at that. If dropping it gives you vibes, put it back up and get an SYE instead...

well when you drop your tcase you are dropping the back half of your engine and connecting components. Your tranny, tcase, and driveshafts are all dropping lower. I know the front driveshaft could bind if it is too low due to not enough slip. There could also be some clearance issues with fans and hoses if two low. A one inch drop is only going to make you kick yourself in the A$$ like i did when i bottomed out on a log that should have been easily clearable. You may like the quick approach but the tcase is supposed to be tucked away for a reason.

fdsa487 said:
THANKS!!! You just convinced me NOT to get the TNT Long Arm Kit. I guess it's Rusty's LA kit for me!
Go with the TNT kit. It has a belly ban that will protect your t-case Rustys don't.

fdsa487 said:
Yes it will protect it but the list goes on and on about the problems that dropping the t case can cause.
The list depends on what else you have going on though. If you are lifting to 4" and want to drop the t-case instead of an SYE, then many of those problems apply. If you are going to a long arm kit, well, you will probably be planning many other mods in the mix to have a well-performing vehicle. Accommodating a 1" drop for the belly pan provided will probably be a very minor concern compared to all of the other nuts and bolts work you will have to undertake to run a tall lift with larger tires...

fdsa487 said:
And i feel the best way to learn is when people help you out.

we do. Upper right hand corner. 3rd from the end "search" about 160 balzillion gigs of info....20gig worth on the t-case drop.

More info than you could ever possibly want.

fdsa487 said:
And i feel the best way to learn is when people help you out.
And the best way to keep the ENORMOUS volume of irrelevant threads down, is to make a quick effort and search before asking. Every thread like this takes time to read and answer. After one reads and answer similar questions a couple of hundred times, one tends to become slightly jaded, and quicker with the pointed tongue...

If you're saying that the tnt crossmember drops the tcase, you are probably right, but it also most likely gives you an inch more clearance from the floor. That's just my guess, but Rusty's has a cross member that drops the tcase and gives even more clearance.

Beej said:
And the best way to keep the ENORMOUS volume of irrelevant threads down, is to make a quick effort and search before asking. Every thread like this takes time to read and answer. After one reads and answer similar questions a couple of hundred times, one tends to become slightly jaded, and quicker with the pointed tongue...

STFU.

he's right. I hate his a_s already :D

Canada...we should just buy it...$0.72 cents / dollar. Bet we can get a better deal than that.

Beej said:
Search N00b! This has been beaten to death....

:laugh3:

yeah....but no one has adressed the problem with taking in Quebec and all the French there.

I'm thinking that would translate into $.00001 / dollar just for the aggrivation alone.

If you are looking for truly valuable information, AFTER you SEARCH, post a poll with a TNT v. Rusty's question. I guarantee you will end up with at least 85% of the board pointing you to TNT when Rusty's is the only other option. As to your tranny drop issues, if you are suggesting that it has "multiple problems" because you've HEARD it interferes with the shifter -- don't make a buying decision on that SPOBI. I'm on my 2nd XJ, third lift, all at one point have had a t-case drop, and none have had any shifting issues. Second, the effect of the TNT built in drop seems to be to make a 4 inch lift, where vibes likely would occur, have the angles of a 3 inch lift, where they probably won't. Buy hey, its your money... :wave:

Back