• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about the hack and tap setup..

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
can someone explain to me basically what is going on with the hack and tap, like what it does and how it works?

and

Is there any REAL downside to using the hack and tap setup rather than the full on SYE you can buy? id be doing around 5 inches of total lift

oh come on you have to make em work for it a bit

and took him to an overstocked pond the size of a bathtub that hadnt been fed in a week

HeavyMetal said:
damn i got owned lol
Well for most part we're just messing with you.
But on a serious side: there is quite a bit of info that you can find through the search and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask. Couple tips I can offer are:
1. Plan the length of the bolt in relation to the tap in relation to de drill bit. Idea is not to drill into the part of the shaft that is narrower then the rest, but also not to have the hole too shallow for the bolt.
2. Seems some flanges bolt on better (tighter) then others. This might be due to machining on the part (no clue, might needed a mallet to get on) or to how the cut was made on the shaft.
3. When you do H&T get good drill bits and go in about 4 steps from small to big. Drill evenly without applying pressure (let the bit walk itself). Use cutting oil and back out often to get all the shavings out that can stall and break the bit.

speak for yourself, i hate newbs :D

jk

Back