• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you rather get (if you had to)

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Rusty's Long Arm Upgrade?
Rubicon Express Long Arm Upgrade?

Im going to get one of the two but am undecided. They look like they are very compatable to eachother what do you think?

I would go for the TNT kit but i dont like the t-case drop that is required.

i would get tnt's or claytons. i just dont like RE's and dont know much about rustys

how it mounts. i cant hardly remember, but someone posted it up when it first came out and it seemed it hung down quite a bit and a few other things. i would have to look again before i could really point anything out. i just dont think you can go wrong with the tnt kit. if all that is holding you back is the t-case drop, call them and see if they can make you one without it.

fdsa487 said:
Why is that. The kits are not junk. What do you have?
lets not get into a whos is better contest(he would win:D)

Ramsey said:
lets not get into a whos is better contest(he would win:D)

LOL... well im sure when im old and have been working on jeeps forever i will have more knoledge about these things. For now im 22 and im looking for some answers up in here. So... yeah, i have not heard any yet. RE or Rusty's!!!

HEY when i go to the full-traction web site i can not see their long arm upgrade where can i take a look at it? It's only showing the whole suspension kit and i just want the long arm upgrade.

they dont sell it seperately...unfortunately

fdsa487 said:

what are your concerns about the drop??...you still gain an inch of ground clearance even with the drop (that helps with driveline angles...by the way)

fdsa487 said:
Rusty's Long Arm Upgrade?

What's not to like? You don't lose any clearance by having it. Not my pictures, but they show what's going on pretty well:

Stock crossmember vs. TNT crossmember:
588437_137_full.jpg

Side shot that shows how flat the setup is:
588437_152_full.jpg

these pic make it an easy choice for me...

fatwreck said:
What's not to like? You don't lose any clearance by having it. Not my pictures, but they show what's going on pretty well:

Stock crossmember vs. TNT crossmember:
588437_137_full.jpg

Side shot that shows how flat the setup is:
588437_152_full.jpg

kewlkatdady said:
these pic make it an easy choice for me...

Yeah i was wondering about that incorporated t-case drop, but doesnt loose any ground clearance so that is good. One more thing i have heard about the tnt setup is that it is a radius arm setup, which has more binding during articulation than a 3 link setup does. Anyone ever heard of this...?

You steelin my pic's Brian.

fdsa487 - The TNT kit is going to be the best long arm upgrade for you. thier crossmember is beefier than RE and TNT uses RE superflex jounts at the crossmember. You gain more clearence. An as fatwreck said you get better drivelines. MDMike had the RE long arms and upgrades to TNT kit. he likes the TNT kit better. So I dont know much about the rustys kit so I cant really compare.

Sense i was told that if i bend my arms, clayton will replace them. That made my choice a lot easier. No one else will do that. that i know of atleast.

Appalachianxj said:
You steelin my pic's Brian.

fdsa487 - The TNT kit is going to be the best long arm upgrade for you. thier crossmember is beefier than RE and TNT uses RE superflex jounts at the crossmember. You gain more clearence. An as fatwreck said you get better drivelines. MDMike had the RE long arms and upgrades to TNT kit. he likes the TNT kit better. So I dont know much about the rustys kit so I cant really compare.

Well i was just opposed to the t-case drob because someone told me that it could cause "shifiting in to 4WD" problems. I dont know from personal experience and im still new to the jeep thing. Does "MDMike" want to sell me his old RE kit for cheap??? I looked at the TNT kit again and now im undecided again, damnit!

Back