• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tail lights

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I was out wheeling and I was crawling some rocks and riped off one of my tail lights. The other one is just a matter of time. I do not want to replace them with oem lights because this will be a reoccuring issue, I am affraid.

Does anybody have any idea where to get those flush mounted tailights, web sites that have them or something?I have seen pics of them on other xjs but don't know where to get them.

They are seperate lights, one red and one amber for each side that go in the holes behind the original lights.

Thanks in advance for any links or info.

Rusty's Off-Road and Farmer Matt

afd516 said:
They are seperate lights, one red and one amber for each side that go in the holes behind the original lights.

He means trailer lights.

Like these, probably.

is.php

Beware, though, rocks can still get to them.
is.php

Thank you, Okie Terry. You have the right idea. I know I will tear those up to most likely too but I like the look and I think that they will last longer? Only one way to find out and believe I will find out.

Thanks LBEXJ for the link too.

Any other suggestions?

Don't know what you have for a rig but if you still have the hatch i think it looks kinda funny to have a hole there if you flush mount.. i'm not sure who makes them but i like the ones that are about 1/8 thick and are one piece that protects the side of you vehicle up to about the rear door.

This rig is a trail only rig with doors that will not fit because of the higher rock rails that I fabed, wheel wells both front and rear are cut to the body line with new wells that I made for the rear.

You are right it would look funny with the hach still on.
The hatch is still on but from the back windows back will be removed, including the hatch,before long (which is why I decided flush mounting).

By the way this is a 89 2 door. I wish I had the ability to post pics. I think you guys would like my ride. If some one would offer to host I can email pics.

afd516 said:
This rig is a trail only rig with doors that will not fit because of the higher rock rails that I fabed, wheel wells both front and rear are cut to the body line with new wells that I made for the rear.

You are right it would look funny with the hach still on.
The hatch is still on but from the back windows back will be removed, including the hatch,before long (which is why I decided flush mounting).

By the way this is a 89 2 door. I wish I had the ability to post pics. I think you guys would like my ride. If some one would offer to host I can email pics.

www.tinypic.com thats the easiest one out there brouse, host, copy the IMG tag to your post here... your local Napa etc should have the lights you're looking for

bj-666 said:
Don't know what you have for a rig but if you still have the hatch i think it looks kinda funny to have a hole there if you flush mount.. i'm not sure who makes them but i like the ones that are about 1/8 thick and are one piece that protects the side of you vehicle up to about the rear door.

www.trailheadoffroad.com

here is a pic of mine installed (they are actually 3/16"!)

one of the guys in my club had a group buy running on them (not sure it may be over now http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3662 )

3439%3A99923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A392%3A373ot1lsi

3439%3A99923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A392%3A36%3Bot1lsi

Those look cool.

Can you get me dimensions off of them, at the face the lights go into?

I've got an MJ, and no one is making, nor is interested in making replacements for the MJ.

So, I'm wondering if I can adapt those to work for it.

Thanks.

railroadjeep said:
www.trailheadoffroad.com

here is a pic of mine installed (they are actually 3/16"!)

one of the guys in my club had a group buy running on them (not sure it may be over now http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3662 )

3439%3A99923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A392%3A373ot1lsi

3439%3A99923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3A392%3A36%3Bot1lsi

over2land said:
Those look cool.

Can you get me dimensions off of them, at the face the lights go into?

I've got an MJ, and no one is making, nor is interested in making replacements for the MJ.

So, I'm wondering if I can adapt those to work for it.

Thanks.

You might want to try contacting them, I thought I heard them mention something about MJ's when I bought my set.

Anyway, from the rear of the light box to the bottom or the fender/wheelwell is about 1' 7", the overall length from front to back is 3' 3-3/4", and the light box itself sticks out about 3-3/4" from the back of the body. HTH

I am trying to find lights that will flush mount in these holes. Some cutting is not an issue. Somewhere on this forum, I believe it was eagle, I was pointent toward FarmerMatt or formattfab. com.

I emailed Matt last night and he got back with me very quick. I gave him the measurement I was looking for and he thinks he can come up with something. If I am successful in this project I will post and see what you all think.

jeepinandy, thanks for helping me out with hosting pics. I think I have it figured out. Greatly appreciate your help.

Back