• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock T-Case Skid

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Ive searched without the results ive looked for, i recently purchased a new in the box factory Jeep t-case skid plate for $35.00 looking for pics of how its installed and or advice on it. Came with all the hardware and the nutserts.
As always any info is helpfull im putting it on my 2001 with a 231 tcase.
Thanks

bowhunter said:
I must be the only one :{

Crawl under your jeep and hold it up. It will only go on one way (the right way). Just move it around until all the holes line up and then insert the nutserts and bolt it down.

yup

there is one sitting on my garage floor that i took off my heep
it bolts to the x-member and my jeep has the nutcerts there... yours probably wont, but the holes should be there....

experiment,
take pictures,
report back

XJ_ranger said:
yup

there is one sitting on my garage floor that i took off my heep
it bolts to the x-member and my jeep has the nutcerts there... yours probably wont, but the holes should be there....

experiment,
take pictures,
report back

The holes will be there but there will be no nutserts in them. My XJ didn't come with a x-case skid from the factory and a couple years ago I put a factory one on. It has since been replaced though.

The skid i bought came with the hardware(bolts and nutsets) also a tool to install the nutserts. Looking under my Jeep im kinda not seeing how it goes. I"m sure it will more sense to me when i actually to install it.

2 Bolts To The Cross Member And 1 Nutsert In The Frame Rail. No Clue How To Use The Nutserts Though. Aims At An Angle To The Drivers Side Rear Tire.

I just used the nutserts with the bolts holding the skid in place with a jack and tightened the bolts till the nutserts were crushed like the tool does for you anyways. it wasnt hard just be patient and go slow

Factory Tcase skid on my 2000. Goes from about the middle of the crossmember to the drivers side frame rail. The blocks are my Tcase lowering spacers.
standard.jpg

Thanks for the picture Tim thats exacly what i was looking for thought thats how i thought it went but just didnt seem right ive made another block for t-case drop already.
Thanks

bowhunter said:
Thanks for the picture Tim thats exacly what i was looking for thought thats how i thought it went but just didnt seem right ive made another block for t-case drop already.
Thanks

If you plan on wheelin more than mud and a feew small tree stumps. get a real skid plate for it. That unit will collapse and rip off the first few rocks you drag it over.

xjnation said:
If you plan on wheelin more than mud and a feew small tree stumps. get a real skid plate for it. That unit will collapse and rip off the first few rocks you drag it over.
xjnation is it really that bad,ive got less then $45.00 in it shipped to me, most of my 4 wheelin is hunting and some mild trails and sand dunes with wife and 16 month old daughter so im trying to build on a budget.

bowhunter said:
xjnation is it really that bad,ive got less then $45.00 in it shipped to me, most of my 4 wheelin is hunting and some mild trails and sand dunes with wife and 16 month old daughter so im trying to build on a budget.

for light duty it is fine...I wiped 2 off during the first hardcore weekend I did in Parker AZ, They dont like rocks

[font=&quot]Hay I’m not stepin to xjnation here (his stuff is sweet and fairly priced) but he may be biased. I’ve had mine up and down some of northern California’s finest (plenty of granite) and stayed on and did its job. The skid plate you have is way better than the one you wish you had at stopping rocks from taking out your tcase FWIW.[/font]

Bronco said:
[font=&quot]Hay I’m not stepin to xjnation here (his stuff is sweet and fairly priced) but he may be biased. I’ve had mine up and down some of northern California’s finest (plenty of granite) and stayed on and did its job. The skid plate you have is way better than the one you wish you had at stopping rocks from taking out your tcase FWIW.[/font]

I designed the skidplate many years ago when there where only a few XJ's on the trails.... I think the tomken was the other one available at the time.. I designed it because of the need to better protect after mine adn so many stock ones of friends had failed on the trail. And believe me the stock one is still 100% better than none!

Nation i like the looks of your skid but i was wondering by the looks of it if it will work with a dropped t-case such as i have i know should have an sye
but i only dropped it 1/2" vibes are gone they were minor after the lift.

bowhunter said:
Nation i like the looks of your skid but i was wondering by the looks of it if it will work with a dropped t-case such as i have i know should have an sye
but i only dropped it 1/2" vibes are gone they were minor after the lift.
Yes it will work with all tc drops up to 1 1/2"

bowhunter said:
The skid i bought came with the hardware(bolts and nutsets) also a tool to install the nutserts. Looking under my Jeep im kinda not seeing how it goes. I"m sure it will more sense to me when i actually to install it.

Where'd you get it from ?? And so Cheap???

Back