• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great lift combo

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
I did a Skyjacker 3" with AAL rear - coils & LCAs combo with 2" poly spacers up front and a 2" Advance Auto lift block in the rear also. Sits very nice and level. My rear leafs were super soft and sagged. Fender trimming was required for 33.12.50s to stuff up in well. I over trimmed the front - Note: trim along the ridge beneath the flare only removing the 1.5" lip. It looks better this way, gives you the room you need, plus keeps the inner fender in place. It doesn't seem like you're removing that much, but once it's done - it's plenty for 33s. I took my front to far and it looks flimsy. The Skyjacker 3" is way softer than my 3" Superlift on my 2001, rides better. Stock steel wheels from a 2001 XJ (4.5 back spacing) 33s are close to leaf in back, good up front. Tire rubs inner rear well a bit - need to use sledgehammer. Relocated front brake hose upper mount, they're still too short. TC drop is used, no driveline vibe or yoke problems so far. Trac bar relocation bracket is used. Front axle looks to be off centered toward the drivers side about 1-2" from what I can see by eye. Grind the front axle lip away where it bottoms out on the top of the LCA, will allow LCA to droop more before making contact. Flexs very well, not too good on the road with no swaybars. Alignment is a MUST! What a day!

33x12.50 on a 15x7 wheel? i'd call that too narrow.. tire shops around here wont even mount that combination.. use a shallower offset wheel to get the tires out of the body. a BFH is not the right way to do it.. sounds like a decent setup with a few small bugs to work out..

sidriptide said:
33x12.50 on a 15x7 wheel? i'd call that too narrow.. tire shops around here wont even mount that combination.. use a shallower offset wheel to get the tires out of the body. a BFH is not the right way to do it.. sounds like a decent setup with a few small bugs to work out..

Agreed. No one around here will even attempt to mount that.

They are Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials, they aren't that wide compared to other 12.50s. Actuallly, they are only a touch wider than the LTB 34.10.50s. It's not a bad fit on the wheel, but I could use less backspacing for sure. The BFH idea is free, well the BFH and cheapo 1/4" Autozone wheel spacers should help.

get rid of the Advance Auto lift blocks. I assume those are the Cast Aluminum variety. I exploded a set on a lowered 4cyl toyota... jamed the pinion into the bed.. not fun.... at least spend the cash and get the extruded aluminum ones or steel... still not good, but better....

Back