• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arb bull bar and warn winch install

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure everyone has heard this question at least once or twice in the past, but here it goes. I am trying to find a place where I can get a good install write up, with photos, of how to install a Warn winch into the ARB bull bar bumper. I'm pretty sure that I am going to have to remove the bumper in order to get it in, but I am also looking to get the wiring instructions etc. If anyone can help me, that would be great. Thanks

Website links are probably the best with good write ups. I searched the internet and I could not find one that was even close to the application that I needed.

Sorry no write up, but I installed a milemarker and ARB bull bar. There's no way you'll be able to get the winch in without removing the bumper first. The bolts that attach the winch to the bumper can only be reached with the bumper off...unless you have ridiculously long and thin fingers.

The wiring I can't completely remember and since a warn is different i don't want to get you confused. It's not that hard though.

Hope that helps. Taking the bumper off is pretty much the only way and it's not that hard to remove, just a few bolts.

I hope this isn't a hi jack, but anyone have pictures of the bracketry/mounting of the ARB bull bar? Just curious if it's anything really special compared to most others since theirs is supposed to be designed not to alter the air bag deployment during a front end..

K

If you can't find anything drop ARB an e-mail and ask them how to do it. Seriously. I picked up my ARB 2nd hand and just to be sure about the install procedure I e-mailed them and within 24 hours someone from ARB e-mailed me back a PDF file with a copy of the install directions, bolt/bracket inventory sheet, pictures, and directions. Great customer support.

corbinafly: No pics of the original install brackets as I modified mine for more strength. But the ARB brackets are really no more than just a beefed up version of the factory brackets. They use the same 3 bolts that the factory bumper brackets use for mounting to the unibody and then the other half of the bracket is what attaches to the ARB bumper itself, again just a beefed up version of the factory bracket with holes drilled in the right places for the ARB.

Actually here's the best pic I got of when I modded mine. As you can see the plate that is below is what I cut off so that I could weld the larger plate you see currently attached on. The original design is 3 bolts in the factory bolt holes and then 3 more bolts per bracket to attach the bumper to the brackets.
compare_3.jpg

xjmatt,

Thanks for the pic.

K

Back