• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye help please!!!

cherowagon

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my sye installed in my xfercase, so the outcome is that the jeep drives fine in four high, but i get this nasty poping, banging sound right when i fire up the motor, and right when i turn it off. any ideas? and it will not shift into four low. it does 2 high, 4 high, and nuetral. i checked the linkage and the way it is right now, it is physically impossible for the rig to go into 4 low. the bracket mounted to the body that swivels the linkage is tweeked a little bit. it looks like it should sit parallel to the body, but it is at an angle and in there crooked. i think the bracket on the t-case is not in the right place, but i am not sure. can somone with an xj take some digital pics and post them up of the linkage and the mounting location of the bracket on the transfer case? just get 4 or 5 different angles. that would help me out a lot!!!!!

cherowagon said:
i just got my sye installed in my xfercase, so the outcome is that the jeep drives fine in four high, but i get this nasty poping, banging sound right when i fire up the motor, and right when i turn it off. any ideas? and it will not shift into four low. it does 2 high, 4 high, and nuetral. i checked the linkage and the way it is right now, it is physically impossible for the rig to go into 4 low. the bracket mounted to the body that swivels the linkage is tweeked a little bit. it looks like it should sit parallel to the body, but it is at an angle and in there crooked. i think the bracket on the t-case is not in the right place, but i am not sure. can somone with an xj take some digital pics and post them up of the linkage and the mounting location of the bracket on the transfer case? just get 4 or 5 different angles. that would help me out a lot!!!!!

here are 3 links from 3 different days of working on my np231...

inside the t-cases:
http://www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/D4-ford9-swap/Day 15/index.html

taking the t-case off:
http://www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/D4-ford9-swap/Day 14/index.htm

Is this a H-n-T unit or a HD kiT?

figured out the poping noise. the exhaust pipe was ridiing on the cross member. probably got bent down when i lowered the tranny to get to the t-case bolts.

cherowagon said:
figured out the poping noise. the exhaust pipe was ridiing on the cross member. probably got bent down when i lowered the tranny to get to the t-case bolts.

Would also indacate that your linkage could have easily gotten misadjusted.

dude, adjust the linkage per the factory service manual. I'm 75% sure its fucked if you took it OFF the case.

Back