• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie anti-rock with aftermarket bumper..?

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
i am currently running no swaybars. but am intrested in the anti-rock swaybar . but all (i think) after market bumpers block the holes. anyway or anybody got around this little dilema... ?

:laugh2: :laugh: :laugh:

Keith, give me a call if whenever you get a chance.

Im going with the Tera-flex unit,its got the sweetest disco out there.It will mount just below the bumper brackets used my most.
phpThumb.php

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Im going with the Tera-flex unit,its got the sweetest disco out there.It will mount just below the bumper brackets used my most.
http://www.teraflx.com/scripts/phpThumb.php?src=/productIm
ages/975_extended.jpg&w=175

I'm confused. The Currie bar isn't meant to be diconnected. The Tera bar is meant to be discoed? What's the point, why not just stick with a stock anti-sway bar with disco's if you're going to disconnect it anyhow?

BlueGerbil said:
I´ve thought that this systems are "TJ only".... What modification, if any, are necessary to run them on an XJ???

Currie has universal kits with various length components, but you'll have to do some fab work, you'll have to mount the cross tube that houses the bar. Barnett (IIRC) has developed a currie anti-rock that's a bolt-on, but the arms looked kind of short in the photos.

Without crawling under my Jeep or taking any measurements, I'd try to put the bar more forward of the stock swaybar location to use more length of the arms. Maybe the extra length doesn't mean that much.

Who has some real world experience with the Anti-Rock on an XJ? Hinkley? Sinclair? :dunno:

Last edited:
yea .. see that little bracket on the end.. the bolt holes will hit my bumper mounts. im going to talk to marty at www.rocklizardfabrications.com (where i got my front bumper.) today so il see what he says. the april 4wd and sport ute mag with the orange cj7 with detroit locker in the rockers has an install article on it (XJ).

IF Dan Turner doesn't notice this thread send him a PM as he's running the antirock with an aftermarket sway bar. I know that he had to make something to make it work.

XJZ said:
I'm confused.
Who has some real world experience with the Anti-Rock on an XJ? Hinkley? Sinclair? :dunno:

Hinkley's been running one for a couple years. With his SBS the Currie universal Antirock is a fairly straight forward deal. I put the SBS on in anticipation of this, but havn't got around to it yet.

Paul

Kieth you do not need an anti-rock system with 4.5 inches of lift in the front, when you get 9 inches of lift with coilovers thats when you might want one...IMHO

Paul S said:
Hinkley's been running one for a couple years. With his SBS the Currie universal Antirock is a fairly straight forward deal. I put the SBS on in anticipation of this, but havn't got around to it yet.

Paul

Yeah, I've seen photos where tabs used to hold the cross tube have been welded to the steering brace plate.

I have the SBS but have not installed it. I've got to get this damn thing out of the garage!

dsgray16 said:
Kieth you do not need an anti-rock system with 4.5 inches of lift in the front, when you get 9 inches of lift with coilovers thats when you might want one...IMHO

You're kidding, right?

Back