• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I put my doors back on?!?!

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
So here is an slight update to the build, dont want to add to the old post because the links are no good any longer.

Its really a tech question because I need to make sure I have enough triangulation in my cage :laugh3:

Oh and

Before:
seatmock7se.jpg

After:
nobpillar38ik.jpg

What you think?! No goin back now. I did add B pillar gussets. I THINK that is all the tube work I have. Not including the rockers. See any NECESSARY things i should add?

I am trying to keep everything off the firewall, mainly because on the temp. So I moved the computer(s) to the cage. The dash will cover it all.
Here is how I mounted the computer(s)
computermount13bw.jpg

Looks like tomorrow I ought to have the tach and the speedo in and working. As well as the switch panel mounted. Going to try to get the front axle under it too. Any questions?

Matt
This is a work in progress if you couldnt tell. The dash will be a all aluminum dash for the desert race look.

Just for laughs, at least for me. It shows the gussets too.

nobpillarfunky9cv.jpg

Last edited:
YIKES.

Looks like a lot of wires all over the place. I mean it gives it that "raw' look, which is cool.

To each his own....

I'm picturing rear suicide doors....

Really though, it's looking great. Good plan for keeping the temps down on the electronics. I can't wait to see the finished product!

From what I can see it looks like you have plans on using doors off a two door for your front doors. It appears that you intend to use the stock hinge and strike locations (remaining A pillar and relocated B pillar). For the rear I see that you prolly still have the hinge mounts avail. in the relocated B pillar. If so, cut a pair of rear doors off at the hinge side inline with the window tracks. That ought to give you a couple of inches of door w/ hinge plates. Take the distance you slid the B pillar back out of the rear door from the window area adjacent to the hinged area. Re assemble the two halves re-skinning the exterior if needed. The window area may find you removing the center stile replacing the glass with plastic. The picture in the head here says that you would still get away with the OEM latches, hinges and strike locations.

BTW, it looks like you’ve had way too much time on your hands up there. :D

Tim

:wave:

Nah, hes not putting any doors on there, that mock up was just for kicks. I personally like it, whether or not you're taking significant strength out of the structure is not for me to determine but it looks like you did a good job of beefing it up.

:thumbup:

nhrocker said:
I'm picturing rear suicide doors....

Really though, it's looking great. Good plan for keeping the temps down on the electronics. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Suicide doors would be sweet. Exactly what I was thinking actually looking at the photos!

Back