• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door removal...ROCKS

JohnJohn

Member #42
Why did I wait so long to do this?

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

I've thought about taking mine off but one of the local guys recommended against it saying rocks would get caught in the door jambs, rhater then if the doors were on then they would more or less dent the door but not hang up.

You mean this spot? :laugh3:
3437496%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2344%3D7%3A9%3D%3A26%3DXROQDF%3E2323837984257ot1lsi

I opted for a pic without the strap over the roof line!

I took all four doors off of mine too. I love it. I was afraid it was going to feel like I was always going to fall out, but it doesn't. The wife asks me if I am going to put them back on, I just tell her I threw them away lol. Your rig looks sweet though.

Weasel said:
I've thought about taking mine off but one of the local guys recommended against it saying rocks would get caught in the door jambs, rhater then if the doors were on then they would more or less dent the door but not hang up.

Anyone have any feedback on this? We have tight trails and lots of rocks walls.

JohnJohn said:
Anything is possible, If I was going to replace a door for a dent I would much rather replace a tube door than a OME door.
I thought OME only made suspension parts.

Yeah, they can hang up on stuff and if you don't pay attention you may even damage the b-pillar. The idea of putting the door back on, can then be considered a waste of time.

hey, "fold like a taco" thats my question,
this does and doesn't make sense in my f-ed up head.
arent the doors part of the structural integrity of the unibody?
maybe i'm wrong..only asking cuz i wanna do this on my jeep.(tired of the tj guys hassling me about the doors) figure ill show em but cant get over the structural hump so convince me otherwise..
also what are you guys with electric accesories doing with that wad of wires that runs the crap in the door...is there a disco somewhere close to it or are you makin one...
Maier

edit- mudd already owns half the dash and the stereo may as well own the rest of it..

Back