• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cd Changer

gogas

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. I have a Jeep Cherokee Sport of year 2000, I want to install a cd changer - box, went down to the Jeep Rep. here in Portugal, the guy told me would cost me about 500 Euros,+- $600, for a CD box and the only that works in the radio that the car has is Alpine and that´s why can be this price....

Does anyone who has a CD changer-box on his Jeep, has one that i´ts not alpine and works? I really apreciate all your help ´couse im not willing to spend that much. went to ebay site and found so many radios w/ cd box for Jeep but I think it´s too risky, not knowing for sure if it will work on my Jeep.
iam looking for a CD BOX that reads MP3for a jeep cherokee of 2000. All the help is welcome.

gogas said:
went to ebay site and found so many radios w/ cd box for Jeep but I think it´s too risky, not knowing for sure if it will work on my Jeep.
iam looking for a CD BOX that reads MP3for a jeep cherokee of 2000. All the help is welcome.

I recently got one there for $127.00 and it works fine. (Was a little dusty... but it was used!) If you check out the feedback on the individuals selling the items and steer clear of anyone with bad feed-back and a past track record you should be relatively safe. From my fooling around before buying one I would advise you to try for a newer one, unused would be better. And expect to pay about $165-185 + shipping US for it. From the one I bought I found that the 1998 Chrysler/Jeep player works well (sound) but is more "picky" and won't play anything but factory recorded CD's where the General Motors CD player in my 1997 pickup will.
A word of caution: check the location of the "ears" where the two mounting screws go on your face plate-to-dash mounting and compare it visually with what you are looking at, there is another model with the 'ears' orientated differently. Oh yeh, be sure that you get the square bezel and not the later rounded bezel as on the later Grand Charokees. A look at the face of yours and the rear plugs BEFORE you go shopping is a WISE MOVE!
Good Luck

PS: I believe Jeeps Are Us can get you a NEW one for about $300, and they are very trustworthy!

Back