• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Body Spacer?

Troutman

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a 93 XJ and am looking at doing moderate modifications too it. One of the items I was looking at is a Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer. My question, Is it worth it? Does it do much for power and MPG as it claims?

Thanks

Jim

I have a 94 xj, and I put the pwerdyne tbs on it. I def noticed a difference in the torque. But i utiliuze the tbs, I also fabricated a cold air intake. Yeah, I think it was worth the money. But as for the mpg, that's a tough one. I think it decreased my fuel consumption a bit, but nothing crazy. good luck.
and btw, i bought the powerdyne from summit, it think it was around 65. check them out.

Well the one that i made for my jeep out of a chunk of 2x4 was worth it. I don't think i could pay 60 for one though.

Get on ebay, theyre like 23$ shipped from there.

Not red powder coated though. :(

:D

So, is the spacer just bolt on and go, or is there any other mods needed?

Also thinking about this with a cold air intake of sorts.

Cory

you have to move the throttle bracket up to but it's no big deal. but i would deffently do it again.

Dingo

csr_011 said:
So, is the spacer just bolt on and go, or is there any other mods needed?

Also thinking about this with a cold air intake of sorts.

Cory

Bolt up and go.

Do intake too, visit the street and performance forum here, and search for Dino's website.

Back