• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door skin armor-- don't know where to find it...

burntkat

NAXJA Member #1145
I'm looking for the bent-steel plates that bolt in place on the doors. They cover the lower section of the door from the first crease, downwards.

I don't know what to call them- -google isn't showing much other than armored vehicles, since I don't know what to look for. Anyone got a link?

ok-- apparentl;y Chris is too busy to answer the phone and make money... I've called 5 times and keep getting an answering machine.

Who else makes this sort of stuff?

maybe he's out wheelin'? Or building parts? how soon you needs these parts? gettin' a little anxious there aren'cha? :D

Off-hand I'm not aware of anyone else that makes panels like Chris's. I know of a few other companies that make/sell armor panels that go on the doors, but none are bent like Chris's, they're just flat panels (which aren't going to be as strong as a bent panel).

Hey... please give me a chance. I have been charging my cel phone battery since yesterday at 3:00. I see that you called TWICE. I am currently at my main job and you are on the top of my list of people to call back. Your message said that you work in a "secure" area and to leave a message so I figured I'd just do it at 2:30 when I get home. If thats bad business then Im sorry. Performance Metal Works is a side business, but I ALWAYS try to make sure that my potential/current customers are happy. I will call you when I get home. I only have your number listed on my cel phone. My home number is all over the place(incase some one dosent have it 719-574-5417).

Chris Lasater

No worries, Caged-

I called a couple times- didn't leave messages every time.

I'd emailed you, and the email bounced, so I thought maybe the company was out of business or something <run into that a lot on the web, yaknow>.

So-- please accept my apologies!

How much for a set in diamondplate?

I'm sure the other fellow that is selling his would do me right, but I really like your product, so let's see what we can scare up, here?

ren said:
Yeah, x2 on the plate.

would that be wonderring about the price of a set of diamonplate guards, or the bent stuff over plate stuff?

when i orderd from him he said he doesnt do dplate.. it has a tendency to grab rocks or other trail items..and then procedes to rip them off .. i found NO ONE that will make them in dplate....the guy on here has a silver xj with the TNT y link raidus la kit has dplate on his..

That's why I asked for them in diamondplate. ;)

I've got slider bars made of 2X4X3/16" tube that will protect this part of the body. Truth to tell, these are only going to cover up the rusted lower quarter of my doors. If I can get 'em in diamondplate, great- if not- well, let's see what is out there...

Website said they start at $80, so I'm wondering what they'll cost me for a 4-door, diamonplate or no...

x3-I'd be interested in a set of d-plated panels. Maybe a group buy would change his mind.

just called ya burntkat :us:

I wish would have known about these before last weekend in crozet. Even with my rocker protection I stll managed to dent both passanger side doors.

How thick is the steel?

not sure- I'm sure he'll tell us-

but it's a hell of a deal. It includes protection for the entire vehicle's rockers-- front to rear.

Out of curiosity, are or can the bolts be countersunk? The picture on the site appears to be normal types of bolts with the head above the stock. Personally, I'd like to go with something flush....kinda like the corner guards I just got on with stainless countersunk allen head bolts. :D

if you know where to get the bolts, there's no reason you couldn't use them. Just use a drillbit to countersink the holes first.

Back