• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of a Tomken gas tank skid?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
ANyone got pics showing how the Tomken skid mounts? I have just seen the pics on Tomken's site:
tms-1341-g.jpg

And just wanted to see how it actually bolted up. Thanks.

-Mike

I've got one on my '97 but no pics.It mounts across the rear crossmember,behind the bumper,using 4 existing holes in the crossmember.At the front it has 2 mounting points that slide over the long studs on the gas tank attach straps and held in place with lock nuts.I'm going to add some angled steel to the side that will go up and tie into the nutstrips for added strength-I dont really like how the front mounts(strength-wise) so I'm adding the side supports.HTH.

I don't have pics but my Tomkin skid does not look like the one in your post. My skid mounts through some existing holes in the body behind the tank and the two long threaded rods that hand down in from of the tank . No drilling and easy to install.

Thanks guys. That was the pic that was shown with the description of the XJ tank skid so i assumed that was what it looked like. But it does look more like a TJ skid plate the more I look at it.

Now I just have to find a used Tomken skid somewhere. Oh well. :wave:

-Mike

Mike L said:
Thanks guys. That was the pic that was shown with the description of the XJ tank skid so i assumed that was what it looked like. But it does look more like a TJ skid plate the more I look at it.

Now I just have to find a used Tomken skid somewhere. Oh well. :wave:

-Mike

Might have better luck looking a for a Mopar one in a junk yard. Good luck.

Back