• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Over the Knuckle Steering or TJ Steering???

Locked99XJ

NAXJA Member #1043
I am looking into getting Rusty's OTK steering. Does anyone out there have this steering setup? I have heard that a lot of times when installing this kit you have to shorten your trac-bar. Is this the case with anyone else? Should I go with the Heim tie rod ends or the regular tie rod ends?

Also I have heard that TJ steering works well with it being a draglink to tie rod setup. Does anyone have this setup? How well does it work? How much does it lift your steering? It is an "under the knuckle" setup right?

Is there any other good setup out there besides Tera Flex Hi-Steer?

Thanks.

TJ steering = XJ steering. Same stuff. Maybe you're thinking WJ steering? WJ's have a hi-steer type knuckle (Tera's knuckle is nearly identical) that can be used. Do a search on it and you should find all the info you'd need.

For as much lift as you're running, I'd go with the Tera kit and get the JKS/ORGS trackbar OAB (over-axle bracket) and build yourself a new trackbar (can get a DIY trackbar kit from JKS to go with the OAB).

He probably was thinking of a YJ,they use an "inverted T" set-up.

Back