• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you....?

I

imma honky

Just wondering if you can say put a 3 inch lift now, then later add like another 3 or 4 inch to make a total of 6 or 7 inches? If this possible? Problems? TIA!

You can, sort of, depends on what you want. You can put a 2" Budget Boost kit on right now for cheap, and then buy a full kit later on. If you put a 3" kit on right now, you could get a couple more inches with spacers, but only a couple more before you'd have to buy new springs that gave you the extra height you wanted later. Check out the budget boost.

yea if u buy a whole nother lift?? just go with the 6 inch lift now that way u won't regret it!! TRUST ME thats the best way!

stoney

The problem with most 3" lifts you do not get some of the critical componets such as: Adj trackbar, LCA's, Adj. UCA's, or Long arms/Drop brackets. Also budget for an SYE kit when you get over 4.5". Most 4.5" kits have more of these components, and then adding a 2" BB to that may be a better way to go.

The big question is how much money do you really want to spend and do you have any fabrication expierence or access to tools. There are a lot of cheap ways to raise your XJ, but you do need those certain components to make it work well.

I think what you are doing makes a bunch of sense....

lift now, lift more later.

It is very affordable to throw on say, a 3" lift.......on pre-96 1/2's you probably WONT need an sye, gears that sort of thing...

you'll gain a bunch of experience and knowledge, so your next and way more expensive step will be much more informed.....

however "adding three" is sorta difficult.....adding one or two is easy........

where are you at now, and where do you wanna go, the question is interesting, but the answer is difficult without more info.

tire size "before and after" will affect most of the answers.

Back