• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In cab roll bar

What does everyone think about this Rustys bar?

Obviously it wont give the strength of a full cage, but its pretty cheap, bolts in, and would be a good start for adding some protection.

Like i said, im not confusing this with a full cage, but for under 200 dollars, it could be a good investment for mild to moderate XJ's.

What do the experts think?

The Rusty's bar is a B pillar hoop that ties into the front seat shoulder harness bolts. It would add sufficient protection to the occupants in a rollover, since the basic body usually holds up pretty well by itself. I guess any claims of adding to chassis stiffness would come from it tying into the seat belt bolts, but this would still be insignificant overall with just one hoop.

Hi Fred,
I used it as cheap insurance. The doors open and close better with Rustys bar, and in the case of a light roll over it will add some protection. It also helps to prevent some of the stress cracking that happens on 2 doors around the vent on the b-pillar.

Andy

Andy in Pa. said:
Hi Fred,
I used it as cheap insurance. The doors open and close better with Rustys bar, and in the case of a light roll over it will add some protection. It also helps to prevent some of the stress cracking that happens on 2 doors around the vent on the b-pillar.

Andy

UM?? how do the doors open and close better?? they really don't strenthen the unibody that much?? the rear hatch YES! but the front doors um i don't think so!

Try this: flex ur jeep up, pretty twisted then open the rear hatch and try to close it? hard right? ok then open any other door and close it! if all ur bolts are tight ur door will close just fine!! thats how u know!!

just some little advice from ur friend
STONEY

so i also have the rustys off road cage and want to put bucket seats with 5 point harness so i was thinking about putting the rock hard bar in there. did it work for you?

Back