• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chassis cleaning

jeeppowermj

NAXJA Forum User
Whats the best way to clean the chassis? I am going to do my rear main seal and I want to get under the motor nice and shinny so its as easy as possible. Do those car washes that pull you through work at all? I'm thinking pressure wash and then go through one of those to get in all the hard to each areas.

sounds dumb but i took some copper pipe, drilled PIN HOLE's every few inches (think 5" gaps) and made a rectangle about 4' wide and 2' tall and hook it up to my pressure washer and just move it every few minutes. i have a tank in my pressure washer for a detergent (i use simple green)....

i spray it down good, takes about 20 minutes (moving it every few minutes down the car) then when it dries i let the simple green go though and sit a few minutes, then the wash down.

it makes life SO EASY after going through those mud pits...

works very well... if you have a pressure washer you could build one for under 20 bux....

JOe

Use Castrol Super Clean. Spray it on, let it sit about 20 minutes and then hit it with a pressure washer.

Drag a lawn sprayer underneath, then get under and spray with simple green or cleaner of your choice and drag the sprinkler under again... You could also hook your hose to the drain valve on your hot water heater and both wash the underbody and get any sludge out of the heater... you don't have to drag, you could also drive over it...

KingOfTheHill said:
sounds dumb but i took some copper pipe, drilled PIN HOLE's every few inches (think 5" gaps) and made a rectangle about 4' wide and 2' tall and hook it up to my pressure washer and just move it every few minutes.
Doing the same with a lawn tractor will wash down the underside pretty thoroughly also. Theoretically, you could even plumb a solution of degreaser or soap into it using a handheld fertilizer sprayer thingy.
tractorlawn_small.jpg

and
8452655.jpg

Back