• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drawings of RockSliderz

NXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Do anyone have good drawings with measurements of low a profile rocker protection for a 2Door (That doesnt matter, maybe ?) I must be able to fab it up just by using the drawing. Thanks !

1108083893_dscf0388.jpg

Just measure from the fron fender to rear, I used 1 3/4 square stock for the whole thing.

The problem is that my XJ is thousandsofmiles away from the shop.
TRNDRVR. Thanks I might be able to fab some up with that. Are those measurements 100% reliable ? Did they hold up ? ...Thanks, again.

Thanks for posting that information. I was hoping to fabricate some protection for my XJ. If anyone is going to make their own , I would recommend confirming measurements with your particular XJ, just in case there is a slight difference, maybe in years etc.

Anyone have specs/drawings on other protection stuff, skid plates etc, that can be fabricated at home?

Just my 2 cents,

NXJ said:
Are those measurements 100% reliable ?
TRNDRVR said:
First off, these are not mine, and I won't make claim to anything on them.
NXJ said:
Did they hold up ? ...Thanks, again.
rr9.jpg
So far as I know he's still using them. I didn't post this pic because I didn't think it was relevant, but I'm sorry I didn't.

Thanks,
Dan.

I used 1x1x.120" for my pinch seam,its has the perfect radius to match the body.Im going to use 1x1-1/2x.120" for my V2's.This pic is of the originals!
rocker.jpg

NXJ said:
Thanks. This seams to be of the same "design" (Box profile). Im courius about how he managed to make that dent. Have "PhatXJs" rockers been tested the same way ? Results ?

RRO1.jpg

And, at last, would those two mounting points in the framerail it self be enough ?
First off, look at the picture. If you notice the shadow that the drivers side is making, the rail is not under his rocker panel. It's actually more of a step. Also look at the picture and notice that there is a dent on the back end of the rocker panel as well. This tells me that he hit something hard and bent his sliders up into his rocker panel. Seems that his rocker protection is what caused his rocker damage. POOR design if you ask me.

I have rocker protection on my XJ that's mounted right under the rocker panel. It too is mounted in two places on the frame rail, and three places on the pinch seam. Its taken some pretty hard hits and held up just fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dan.

Thats why I have (7) 1/4" bolts per side thru the pinch seam and 3 legs back to the framerail.Also I added aluminum plate to create a slider for the whole area!
al%20skids.jpg

Back