• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stocker with 30x9.5"s

boogie

NAXJA Forum User
i saw that tera flex has a small budget lift with longer shackles and a spacer for the front springs how is this for a start i dont do any or very little wheeling will this let me disconnect with out rubbing? i am looking to do a little LIGHT trail riding this spring/summer and am trying to get the wife into it. the tire rubbing will be a defignate turn off for her. lemme know what you think

Lift or not lift -- if you plan to disconnect you still need to extend the bump stops. Bottom line is that you don't need any lift to wheel with 30x9.50s.

I run 30x9.50x15 BFG's on my 94' with no lift and I dont rub at all even at full flex. But yet I have seen some XJ's that cant even fit 235's with out a lift. So I guess it all depends on how your XJ sits stock.

I have ran that size on both of my XJ's. One never rubbed. The other rubbed on full turn. Not a big deal.

My XJ has the same size on OEM wheels with a budget boost. It rubs only at full lock on the LCA's.

with the budget boost u should be able to run 31's i was running them with no lift on stock xj... the factory wheels are a bummer tho i now have 4.5 inch lift and factory wheels they still rub LCA at full crank they just dont have enough back spacing..... i've heard and read that 4.4 inch back spacing works well... hope this helps

my 90 xj has bfg 235 and they only rub at lock when i turn and hit the brakes
other wise trail rides they're good

Eagle said:
Lift or not lift -- if you plan to disconnect you still need to extend the bump stops. Bottom line is that you don't need any lift to wheel with 30x9.50s.

I'm installing JKS Quicker Disconnects today on a 97 (stock height) with 235/75/15's. Was your comment on extending the bump stops directed at someone using the 30x9.5's or even someone like me with the smaller tires?

IdeaMan said:
I'm installing JKS Quicker Disconnects today on a 97 (stock height) with 235/75/15's. Was your comment on extending the bump stops directed at someone using the 30x9.5's or even someone like me with the smaller tires?
I have 235s too without a lift, and I added a 1.25" spacer in back and have yet to add hockey pucks in front (one each side). I don't know if they're absolutely necessary, but I feel better having them.

I run Cooper Discoverer M/S's at 235-75-15, which measure in at 29.75" I ran them for a while on a very sagged 99 XJ with no rubbing at all. I now have 2.5" susp. lift and they are great! You should have no problem running the 30's at stock height. I am putting in my discos tomorrow, so I'll post up to tell you if they rub or not when disco'd. Good luck!

Back