• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Ridigco rear bumper Pics

P1atinum

Aerodynamically Challenge
Terry from Rigid sent over some new development pics of the rear bumper for 97+ XJ's Thought I would share them with the rest of the comunity.

P2260102.jpg

P2260103.jpg

P2260104.jpg

P2260107.jpg

Looks like he is about done
The bumper and ends still need final finishing - but you'll be able to see the design and how it fits.

Should have final pricing in a few days - we need to build a few ends under production conditions to establish the labor manhours.

Terry at RIGID

I like that he is trying to stay with the XJ lines, every time a see a rear bumper for the XJ the ends just look unfinished.

P1

I saw the pics of it a while back when they were first posted. I really like the look of the bumper. It's got great clearance and looks really tough. I don't really like the look of the end caps, though. I can't wait to see pics of his version for people who have the rear corners cut! :D

He has to do a better integration setup for the rear trim pieces or it won't sell to normal people who just want a stronger bumper. Reason I got my tomken was because it let me reuse my end caps and fit pretty well... otherwise it looks pretty nice....needs couple of loops in the event you want to use a SMALL trailer...

Yeh I think it looks pretty good. I do agree that he needs to do something about those endcaps and the way they hang down like that. Pics I've seen of the other bumpers look real good though

how do you put in the pin for the hitch

thanks for the shot

Starboard M said:
I really like that bumper minus the end caps. They look really awkward, but other then that, great product.
The rear quarter cutout version is the one to wait for. Should be real nice.

Greg

YETI said:
My C-rok looks much better. and has a better departure angle. Glad I didn't wait for the ridgid.

Just my .02
The C-Rok used to be the bumper I was gonna get, but the tire carrier turned me off from it. I have yet to see the rigidco tire carrier, I just hope it looks better than the C-Rok one. Plus it is supposed to have high-lift and accesory mounts.

Greg

Looks like a good start. Don't know that I like the endcaps. I will probably be picking up the front bumber, but as for the rear...

I will be saving my pennies up for the Slimline from Detour.

I want to see prices. That looks like exactly what I have been looking for in a rear bumper. I think I'll get the front and rear at the same time. At least that gives me some time to save up the money for them.

The mounting system is basically a receiver hitch assembly that ties into the bumper. The bumper also bolts to the 8 factory holes.
740330_45_full.jpg

740330_46_full.jpg

740330_48_full.jpg

Greg

Terry said the price should be around $375 when I talked to him, but he was just guessing. He is going to do a short production run to determine costs.

Greg

Back