• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AutoBarn, Mobil 1 Filters, buy one get one free...

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
Flame if you must, but for those unfortunate enough to be living on Long Island, NY, there you go... :laugh3:

Mike #300

mikeny59 said:
Flame if you must, but for those unfortunate enough to be living on Long Island, NY, there you go... :laugh3:

Mike #300

Did not see anything on their site about that.... In my case it might be worth the drive, I usually buy 10 at at time and my stock is getting low, down to 4 left and oil change time is coming up on all 3 jeeps and the olds.

The full page ad is in our local liberal (redundant) newspaper, Newsday.

Others items are also two for one .

Ever since moving from ME to XP (two different machines), my scanner is all messed up, otherwise I'd scan the ad. Epsons' downloads really won't work(read computer-challenged), should really call 'em.

Wait, idea, have to leave the house for awhile, I'll macro-digital photograph the ad/page and post it when I return.

Mike #300

i just called the bay shore branch--and they said its a limit of buy 2 get 2 free. . .

but i think im gonna do it anyway!
thanks for the tip!!

Rich,

Just hit two stores, picked up the last two pairs of 301's, the sale ends 3/2, but AutoKarma is known for out of stock perpetuality, not to mention finding a Fram in a Mobil 1 box. Have to admit I've seen that at most stores, regardless of chain. :mad:

Ad doesn't say anything either way 'bout rain checks, so that means, at least to me, they have to issue a rain check because of lack of availability and no written policy. :paperwork
:peace:
Anyways, AutoChromosome and Pep-Pills Boyz usually honor competitors coupons. Here on L.I., Those two chains SERIOUSLY ate into AutoDharmas' business, you gotta be desperate to give away a Mobil 1 oil filter. They're not about to let AutoDarn get one up on 'em. :shhh:

If there is a way to pick some up for you and ship 'em cheaply, I'd gladly do it. I'm off this week, have the time. Brainstorm, I;ll work with ya'. :heart:

Mike #300

p.s., to the last poster,

a) how?!? It ain't oem and the M301 is not the officially listed unit for the 4.0. That , IMHO, qulifies it for the Mod forum. If you're not sure why it's preferably to the M204, which is listed as the direct aftermarket replacement for the 4.0, search. I did welcome flames, it's darn cold up here :laugh3:

b) this forum offers maximum exposure, excuse me if I'm trying to give back something to fellow posters by letting 'em kmow about a very, very, rare offer. :peace: :peace:

Gotta make this quick, just got done running network cable in a really nasty 300x100ft unheated crawl space and have not done that much 'low crawlin' since the obstacle courses in panama's jungle school, nasty. Upside is I got 1 copperhead and two eastern diamondbacks while they was winter napping :D
I always read and was told the damn things were comatose in the winter, NOT SO, just not as quick thank god...

I've been running M1-204's in the jeeps and M1-101's in the Oldsmobile, the 301 is supposed to hold more oil but I sometimes do 'filter n add a quart' around 3K, depends on how dark it is, so I will stick with the 204's..

Gotta go take a shower and get the mouse turds outta my hair. This one I charged DOUBLE for... shoulda got suspicious when the telco guy said 'no way am I going in there' and turned it down :mad: All in all one of those memorable days....

richP - i feel for ya-- i hate dank crawlspaces - -specially with snakes!

mike - -i just went to the bay shore autobarn and they were sold out of the 204s (big surprise).
the girl at the register said i should call tomorrow around 1pm, as that is when they get a delivery.....she also wrote me a rain check, even though it ends 3/2....AND she said there is NO LIMIT! :)

since we are on this topic of rebates/discounts.....i have to let everyone in on a secret i recently found out about with PEP BOYS. (im not sure if this is just a NY thing or not)

go in and ask for the M.A.D.D. (mothers against drunk driving) pep boys contribution calendar. it costs $1. in it is BUY 3 GET 3 QTS FREE MOBIL 1 (any weight). ALSO in it is FREE: 12 oz. Chevron with TECHRON, FREE car wash soap and FREE cleaner wax spray-crap

i bought 5 calendars for $5. and got 5 each of all of those free items, and 5 cases of MOBIL 1!!!

this is obviously an excellent deal. CHECK IT OUT.
they got wise to this though, so they dont leave the calendars out on the front desk anymore, you have to ask for them. . .

BTW--there are cupons for other things in there too, like washer fluid and other stuff, but i just mentioned (what i think is) the best of the best!

enjoy!

CaptTrev

Capt,

I use 301's, so... didn't buy out your 204's. :angel:

Remember what I said, I've gone to Target and they honored Mobil 1 oil price ad, 'cept they don't sell filters. I don't think PepGirls sells filters, though. But AutoOhNo does.

As a sidebar, even AutoMoan, the one on DPA, and the newest in Shirley/ Mastic, is out of 204's and 301's, estimate - at least sixty percent of the time. They must have alot of applications. But I still bet they'll honor the ad, just bring in the entire Newsday.

And interestingly, the chicklet in the WI AutoBark on Sunrise said that the computer determines when a given number is shipped. Even one 204 in stock might prevent more being automatically shipped from Big Brother. Possibility...

BTW, email me at [email protected] vs. pm. I sometimes transpose kids names at school and that drives them nuts; "Mr. M., Am I not important enough for you to remember my name" :hang:

So... somehow I can't get the forum to notify me when I get a pm, and I NEVER remember to check 'em. If I have a mental block of certain students' names, pm's are wayyyyy on the backburner of my brain. I remember you asking me places on LI to wheel, I'm so busy most of the time that doing a couple of donuts in the soggy field behind the Salvation Army on 109 hopefully counts :gag: (I go there to find vinyl copies of old albums).

But I always check my email for possible singles.com replies. Uh, strike that comment, just a joke :laugh3:

Mike #300

Trev,

forgot to thank you about the PepPillsBoyz offer. On my list to do for Friday.

thanks,

Mike M.

ps, you know that special winter windshield washer fluid everyone sells? well, i cut prestone's 50/50 and it still worked great on even the coldest of days. what a rip off. don't let anyone know i posted this here. wasn't sure where to put it.

hey, i hijacked my own thread! :paperwork

Mike #300

You need to go thru the usercp and fill out all the blanks including your email address, thats the only way it will notify you.

Back