• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i did a search on the forum......

holyfield1799

NAXJA Forum User
and nobody has asked my question for a good year so here goes. anybody running firestone destination MT's? read the review in JP magazine and they look pretty nice and for my dd they seem to be a good fit. want to see if there are any opinions on them

I dont know about those exact tires, but like any other MT they are not going to have thebest wear. They are going to wear a lot better then a Swamper or something like that. But compaired to an AT they will wear fast. What are you going to be using the Jeep for? Will an AT work for you as a DD? Or is it going to see rocks and mud?

I've had mine for a little over a month now, and love them (33x12.50)

They balanced extremely well, clean nicely with a blip of the throttle, and are pretty quiet for a mud tire. I found the best price at: www.roadwaywholesaletire.com.

John

no rocks really, just the forest trails you find here in maryland.i'm not so much worried about tread wear now that i have a company vehicle, so the jeep will usually see around town action during the week. i have bfg all-terrains now,great dd tire, but when i lift my xj i want something more agressive. i read that the firestone gets good tread life, sounds like a good deal.

I have ran Dayton Timberline M/Ts (made by Firestone and the same carcass) for about 3 years wear is good and the sidewalls hold up very well to rocks.

I had them in 31x10.5x15 for a little over a year. The first thing I noticed about them was when we mounted them we only needed to balance one. The other three were good. Great traction in mud, sand and on rocks. (though the rocks tore them around really quick) Not too bad in the rain. I'd get another set!

GI-John said:
I've had mine for a little over a month now, and love them (33x12.50).

John

I've heard they measure out a true 33" rather than 32.5", etc. Is this true?

Back