• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 axles

Fenris

NAXJA Forum User
I'm ready to upgrade my 29 spline axles to alloy. I was wondering if there is any rumors of an aftermarket upgrade to 'super' kit in the works from anyone. I dont want to buy now and have the 33 spline axles come out in a couple months. thanks

I haven't heard of any company that does upgrades for the 8.25. You might be better off trying to find a cherokee d44 and getting a super axle kit for that.

What I want is a kit for the 8.25 that upgrades the stock shafts from 29 to 32 or 33 spline shafts, I know you need the locker that matches the spline count. They make the super kit for the 35 and 44 that upgrades the axles and locker, is there just not enough 8.25s out there for Superior to make a kit for the 8.25. The 8.25 with 33 splines and a detroit would be a good middle weight 44 fighter. Flame away haters.

Not really trying to flame, I'm just saying that since 8.25's really aren't too common for off-roaders, other than cherokees like you and me, the companies that manufacture them really don't see a need to make them. Not enough profit in the effort.

True, but isn't the 8.25 used on the Durango, Dakota and a couple of dodge pickup trucks even now....thats gotta be alot of vehicles...

yeah they are, and i would probably do the upgrade. i've already sunk enough into it why not that. you could just get some dutchman shafts

Do a search in Google for dutchman motorsports. It looks like the replacement axles are 230 for the pair. I am considering this upgrade also.

get some dutchmans drilled to 5x4.5 or 5.x5.5 and throw in a locker, you'll be good to go! my only regret with spending money on an 8.25 is that it takes shft upgrades/ and new brakes to make it a decent axle for 33's

IMO
brandon

Back