• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making adjustable control arms

Jump This

Just another minion!
I have an old solid RE control arm set up and would like to make the uppers adjustable.....or maybe the lowers also.
Has anyone done this.....I can weld......
How....and what problems involved?
Rick R

Piece of Cake,but first you have to decide where you want to make the cuts.Then find out what tubing size(wall thickness) they are and either make or buy the inserts and hardware!

I thaught as much...just looking at pictures of RE's adjustable control arms makes me think its not a big deal.. I was just wondering if anyone had done it and what problems they ran into. Do I tap the existing ID of the main tube? Or tap an insert? Wanting to keep the insert thread as large as possible I would like to tap the existing tube....but is it too thin? Since my rig is not a daily driver per se I think I'll pull it apart and go to town!
Thanks again
RickR

I would definately not thread the ID of the tube...
Weld in a threaded insert and attach a johnny joint, heim, bushing, etc. whatever floats your boat.

:D

INS125R-or-INS125L.jpg

Back