• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally bought the RE030

XJ Dad

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my RE superflex kit with full leaf packs from Rawbrown. He was a great guy to work with and gave me a good deal. If you're thinking about getting the kit, go to him first. Keep the business local. Thanks again Rawbrown. I should get my kit next week. Anyone around the Camp Pendleton area want to give me a hand? I'm going to use one of the base hobby shops so that I can put it up on a lift. I can't wait.
Wade

XJ Dad said:
Anyone around the Camp Pendleton area want to give me a hand? I'm going to use one of the base hobby shops so that I can put it up on a lift.
Just curious: are they allowing visitors on the bases?

remi, not too sure bout marine corps, but army bases do, you just have to sign in at the main gate, give your vehicle info, insurance, registration, etc. . how long you want to stay (day pass, etc. .) and in they let ya.....but thats just army bases

Thanks Gary, I was just about to pm you too. Yes, they allow visitors on base. A lot of people think that they don't, but that is a myth. I'm supposed to get the kit on Wednesday or Thursday, so I was shooting for next weekend. I'm going to use the auto hobby shop on base since they have a lift, which should make the process quicker and easier.
Wade

XJ Dad said:
Thanks Gary, I was just about to pm you too. Yes, they allow visitors on base. A lot of people think that they don't, but that is a myth. I'm supposed to get the kit on Wednesday or Thursday, so I was shooting for next weekend. I'm going to use the auto hobby shop on base since they have a lift, which should make the process quicker and easier.
Wade

If I'm not going to be at the Rabbits helping him with his rig I might be tempted to show up on Sunday just so that I could checkout the base :D

Kejtar said:
If I'm not going to be at the Rabbits helping him with his rig I might be tempted to show up on Sunday just so that I could checkout the base :D
Rabbit's doing my gears next weekend. You're welcome to help Remi.

Re: Finally bought the RE6030

I'm going to call tomorrow and reserve a bay. I can't wait. I feel like a little kid in a candy store, or my kids at Christmas.
Wade

Alaskaflyr said:
UH-60! I work on the HH-60J

cool, in which aspect? it looks like i have a partner in arms who understands the aviation life....and our really crappy work hours:D

I'd love to lend a hand but we're on a 24/7 schedule now and I happen to be on the Wed-Sat crew...if I could I'd show up and help you do your lift and swap on them leafs if you still got them...;) I also need to visit a Hobby shop ASAP so I can install my tow hooks.

Visitors are allowed on in the same fashion as described by Kris above, and if they're in the vehicle with someone who has a decal there's no worries.

Where are you doing it at? I can most likely help if you need it.

Also, where did you buy your lift at? I would love to buy it from somewhere local if the price is decent. I am a decent size list of things to buy also.

Last edited:
Back