• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock CD/Cass Problem - Where to get it fixed?

FU-UR

NAXJA Forum User
My stock cd/cassette unit is acting up and I need to get it fixed. I have found several places on the internet but they all want at least $200 (a flat rate) to fix it. Currently, only the cd player works, but none of the other controls, including volume knob. So when I turn on the car, the cd plays LOUD and I have no control over it, plus it won't eject the cd. The display works as well.

Surely some of you know someone that works on these. If you have a contact, please let me know!

Thanks,

[email protected]

FU-UR said:
My stock cd/cassette unit is acting up and I need to get it fixed. I have found several places on the internet but they all want at least $200 (a flat rate) to fix it. Currently, only the cd player works, but none of the other controls, including volume knob. So when I turn on the car, the cd plays LOUD and I have no control over it, plus it won't eject the cd. The display works as well.

Surely some of you know someone that works on these. If you have a contact, please let me know!

Thanks,

[email protected]
If you find a place, let us know. I've replaced two of these units for various problems like this.

Why wouldn't you just grab a nice aftermarker one? You can get a helluva nice deck these days for under $200. I got my brother a Kenwood MP3, remote, nice display, blah blah for $120 around X-mas time.

But if you really want the stock one, here are a couple links:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/ they repair em
Also you can try to ask the guys on www.the12volt.com best audio forum I have found.

Todd

NHxj4x4 said:
Why wouldn't you just grab a nice aftermarker one? You can get a helluva nice deck these days for under $200. I got my brother a Kenwood MP3, remote, nice display, blah blah for $120 around X-mas time.
Couple of reasons...
For myself, I've lost alot of high-range hearing. An aftermarket deck would do me no good as far as sound quality. I also like the combination CD/cassette unit.
The main reason is that I don't want to give some greasy slimeball a reason to break into my Jeep. They USUALLY won't bother with an OEM unit.

Ebay has them, couple of guys sell takeouts and I guess ones they get from wrecks. They come with a guarantee and they have good ebay ratings from what I can see.

I prefer stock as well. They work with my car and aren't prefered by theives. I actually bought this one as a replacement for my cassette-only deck. I didn't pay nearly as much for it as I will have to invest to get it fixed. But, you always take a chance when buying used.

Thanks for the links.

So who is pyle, heard of them when associated with speakers. Are their stereos any good ????

That jensen is fugly, just plain outright fugly...

RichP said:
So who is pyle, heard of them when associated with speakers. Are their stereos any good ????

That jensen is fugly, just plain outright fugly...
Pyle is generaly reguaded as just that... a pile 'o :puke: same with Legacy and Pyramid.

dothedew24_7 said:
Pyle is generaly reguaded as just that... a pile 'o :puke: same with Legacy and Pyramid.

Sure is, that's what I suggested it, no one would steal it, their cheap, and he said sound quality wasn't a big deal. The Jensen is plain fugly, but would be a nice unit quality wise then Pyle.

Back